- Full-time, fixed-term 2-year contract based at RMIT Centre for Addictive Manufacturing
- Opportunities to assist & deliver research and development within the Just-in-Time implants project supported by IMCRC, and working in partnerships with Stryker Australia, St Vincent Hospital and University of Technology Sydney
- Report directly to the Professor Milan Brandt, Project Leader
- Remuneration at HEW Level 8 ($97,609 - $109,925) + 17% superannuation
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences for our students, and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMITs leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally focused graduates.
Our Values inspire us, wherever we are in the world, and guide how we live and work together.
Imagination. Agility. Courage. Passion. Impact. Inclusion.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and connect with each other.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices. When you join our team, you'll be able to access a range of benefits. From travel to fitness, there's something for everyone.
About the College
The School of Engineering is renowned for world-class research outcomes, excellent research facilities and robust partnerships with local and international industry leaders. It comprises of seven Research focus: Aerospace Engineering and Aviation, Chemical and Environment Engineering, Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, Electrical and Biomedical Engineering, Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering, Manufacturing, Materials and Mechatronics engineering and Mechanical and Automotive Engineering. School of Engineering is based in both, the Melbourne City campus and Bundoora campus.
Further details relating to the School/College Office may be found on at: www.rmit.edu.au/seh
About You and the Role
In this role, you will work collaboratively with research staff and partners at Stryker focusing on translating prototype code and algorithms into production code. You are required to participate & contribute proactively with research, industrial and clinical partners to create, develop and implement high quality workflows within existing software frameworks. Additionally, you will be responsible to develop software according to defined coding standards, including the use of versioning and code review tools. Also, you will participate continuous development through communication of research outcomes through high quality papers/journal articles, delivery of seminars and attending conferences that will benefit the technical advancement of this position. Lastly, you will have the commitment to contribute your time to the academic output of the School, to mentor postgraduate and undergraduate student and working in partnership with fellow researchers in the Centre for Addictive Manufacturing.
You will have:
- Proven high-level proficiency programming in C++ and in-depth knowledge of modern software design and development methodologies, including software architecture and design experience
- Demonstrated experience in developing software in accordance to the medical device standards IEC 62304 "Software lifecycle for medical devices" and IEC 62366 "Usability in medical devices" is highly regarded
- Extensive experience with scripting languages including MATLAB and python will be an added advantage
- Working experience in utilising software peer review tools and software testing tools as well as strong understanding of testing methods, including unit and functional testing
- Possess sound understanding of modern SCM (software configuration management)
- Ability to work autonomously whilst displaying a strong commitment to work in a team environment, including the demonstrated ability to confidently and effectively work with multidisciplinary team
Degree in computer science or software engineering.
Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check.
Bring your whole self to work
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond.
Were proud to share with you some of our wins:
- RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member with Bronze Award accreditation and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
- We are ranked #1 in the world for our efforts to reduce inequality in the Times Higher Education (THE) Impact Rankings 2020.
- RMIT University is placed 10th in overall Times Higher Education (THE) Impact Rankings 2020, rocketing up from 82nd place in 2019.
- We placed 11th in the 2019 Talent Board APAC Candidate Experience Awards.
- RMIT was placed 10th in the 2019 Randstad Employer Brand Research Awards, up five spots from 2018.
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
- We were recognised as a top five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
- The launch of our second Reconciliation Plan, Dhumbah Goorowa- a "commitment to share" - an important step in our reconciliation journey.
Please submit your updated resume and cover letter outlining your experience & achievements by clicking on the 'Apply now link. Please note that a separate response to Key Selection Criteria as stated on the Position Description is required. For further information about this position, please see Position Description below. For any enquiries, please contact Professor Milan Brandt (email@example.com)
Applications close on Wednesday 1st July 2020.
We are also happy to make adjustments to the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us via your preferred type of communication: email TalentSupport@rmit.edu.au or call Kassie on +61399252442 with your request(s).
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to be a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Receive opportunities at RMIT directly to your inbox by subscribing here.