Lecturer, Professional Development Certificates
The University of Chicago: Graham School of Continuing Liberal and Professional Studies
Location: Gleacher Center Campus
The University of Chicago is currently seeking qualified applicants for adjunct positions to teach in our Noncredit Professional Development Programs beginning in Winter 2020. Current University faculty and staff, as well as professionals working in relevant positions outside of the University, are eligible to apply. All courses will be in an online format.
1) Facilitate instruction according to syllabus requirements, including learning objectives, weekly topics, readings, and lesson plans for class content (lectures, exercises/activities, and/or guest presentations).
2) Develop and execute class content (lectures, exercises/activities, homework assignments and projects).
3) Develop assignments and grading rubrics, must minimally include assessment materials such as a mid-term and final assignment and course participation.
4) Provide assessment for all assignments and activities and feedback comments and grades to students via Canvas course site in timely manner.
5) Use Canvas, our virtual learning environment, for course management, content delivery and communication with students.
6) For Online instruction, lecturers must plan and create content in conjunction with Graham School's online instruction design team. Note: adequate time and planning is required for this option.
7) Lecturers are expected to make themselves available at least 1-2 hours per week outside of the classroom to allow for adequate communication with students.
8) Fulfill administrative responsibilities related to course management such as Canvas management, mandatory training sessions, meetings, etc.
We are accepting applications for the following programs:
1) Financial Management and Decision Making Certificate Program
2) Clinical Trials and Regulatory Management Certificate Program
3) Data Analytics for Business Professionals Certificate Program
4) Digital Marketing and Integrated Communications Certificate Program
1) Qualified applicants must have a graduate-level degree in a relevant field and professional experience: 10 years + in managing and executive roles.
2) Candidates are expected to have a basic level of proficiency with online teaching and online course management as well as familiarity with web conferencing platforms.
For course descriptions and additional program information, please visit https://grahamschool.uchicago.edu/noncredit.
Interested candidates should submit the following documents:
1) A cover letter indicating their preferred courses and describing relevant background
2) a curriculum vitae or resume,
3) Two professional references.
Additional materials such as past teaching evaluations or work samples may also be included. If you are interested in applying, please send your materials to Nicole Hansen-Rayes, email@example.com.
After initial review of applications, applicants may have the opportunity to submit a course proposal.
This institution is using Interfolio's Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.