Research Specialist I
The Lewis-Sigler Institute for Integrative Genomics seeks applicants for a Research Specialist I to join the laboratory of Joshua Rabinowitz. The anticipated start-date is the 25th of May 2020. Our lab aims to obtain a quantitative understanding of metabolism, with the overarching goal of applying this knowledge to the treatment of human disease (cancer, obesity, aging) and the production of biofuels. This is achieved by applying liquid chromatography mass spectroscopy (LC-MS) and isotope tracing, methods in which the lab is a world leader, to yeast, mammalian cells, and animal specimens.
This will be a one-year term position, with the possibility of renewal contingent upon continued funding and satisfactory performance. Salary will include the full benefits package.
Specific duties include:
- Maintaining the lab infrastructure, organization, and management as lab manager, including:
- Ordering/restocking supplies.
- Basic maintenance of lab equipment, cell line stock, and lab glassware sterilization.
- Organizing/coordinating lab administration, e.g. organizing lab cleanups, regulatory compliance.
- Training new lab members.
- Conducting in vitro and cell culture experiments, drug screening routinely.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Willingness to train and technically support undergraduates, graduate students, and postdocs.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Other relevant (but not required) experience:
- Lab management.
- Mass spectrometry.
- Basic molecular biology techniques.
- Experience working with yeast, mice, and/or tissue culture cells.
The final candidate will be required to pass a background check.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW