Manager, FRMS Post-Award
The Yale Faculty Research Management Services (FRMS) provides comprehensive grants management support to departments throughout the University including proposal development, post-award maintenance, reporting, and metrics. Faculty Research Management Services is a new organization designed to become the principle “client-facing” grants management unit for Yale University. Reporting to the FRMS Associate Director, manages a team of Portfolio Analysts and C&T Staff. Provide expert analytical and financial services, guidance, and consultation to faculty and staff to optimize the Principal Investigator’s use of research funds and mitigate risk of noncompliance for all awards within an assigned portfolio of departments. This position provides high levels of client satisfaction through strong relationship management efforts.
- Ensures implementation of strategies, policies, and procedures developed by institutional process leaders, including transformation of planning and financial management practices.
- Manages team resources that monitor and plan long-term and annual budgeting, forecasting and financial management activities.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of University finance and budgeting processes and applicable federal, state and university policies and procedures, and the activities of a designated portfolio to ensure effective budget control and financial management.
- Reviews and recommends budget and financial management processes in order to achieve simplicity, speed and quality for finance department.
- Interprets accounting policies, procedures, and processes and reports to finance department management on findings.
- Ensures compliance with Federal and State regulations, contractual requirements and University policy.
- Manages a staff of exempt and non-exempt employees.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Economics or Finance. Six years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to compile, analyze, and explain data accurately and to analyze and resolve complex issues with sound judgment. Proactive, resourceful strategic thinker with ability to manage multiple projects on deadline in a fast-paced environment.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Demonstrated superior customer service orientation and skills; ability to proactively engage clients.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Strong proficiency in MS Excel and database query tools; well-developed skill in query tools and database reporting. Strong aptitude with systems and attention to detail.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Well-developed interpersonal skills, oral and written communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Proven supervisory ability: managing performance & holding team accountable for achievement of established client satisfaction levels, influencing change through modeling, impacting team morale and sense of belonging/participation, coaching team to high performance, continuous improvement and error-free work, and generating team cooperation/collaboration.
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus