Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Information Security
Department of Information Security
Salary: £35,931 to £42,456 per annum - including London Allowance
Closing Date: Tuesday 30 June 2020
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Full Time, Fixed-Term 1 July 2020 until 31 July 2021
Applications are invited for the post of Postdoctoral Research Fellow as part of the UKRI project: “People Powered Algorithms for Socially Desirable outcomes”.
The post is co-located with the Department of Politics and International Relations and Philosophy and the Information Security Group at Royal Holloway University of London. The successful application will carry out research into digital evidence and identity in the context of the European and Swedish migration regime. The project is truly interdisciplinary and offers exciting opportunities for collaborative work across the social and technological sciences.
The work is driven by a desire for real impact and so in addition to academic papers, the successful candidate will be asked to produce public policy reports and a broader set of outputs that can be used by the projects diverse stakeholder groups. We are seeking candidates with a relevant PhD, that have prior experience of and a desire to work on some or all of the following topics: public policy – in particular:
- European politics and the design of welfare systems
- Refugees, asylum-seekers, those in refuge-like situations and marginalised communities more generally
- Digital government, in particular the increasing use of algorithmic decision making and automation in government
- Market design, in particular applied work seeking to import insights from the growing field of micro economics into the empirically-rich work on how to make public services better
In return we offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Training and Development opportunities
- Pension Scheme with generous employer contribution
- Various schemes including Cycle to Work, Season Ticket Loans and help with the cost of Eyesight testing.
- Free parking
The post is based in Egham, Surrey where the College is situated in a beautiful, leafy campus near to Windsor Great Park and within commuting distance from London.
To view further details of this post and to apply please visit https://jobs.royalholloway.ac.uk. For queries on the application process the Human Resources Department can be contacted by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Royal Holloway recognises the importance of helping its employees balance their work and home life by offering flexible working arrangements. We are happy to consider a request for flexible working for this post including part time, job share or compressed working hours.
Please quote the reference: 0620-127
Closing Date: Midnight, 30 June 2020
Interview Date: TBC