This position will be specifically to design, prototype and construction laboratory automation devices for fluid handling and microscope integration with the Cai lab in the Division of Biology and Biological Engineering at Caltech. This role will be a part of a larger engineering team within the lab. The main focus of our group is single cell systems biology. We use highly-multiplexed, super-resolution imaging to study gene regulatory networks in cells and organisms.
More information about the Cai lab is available here.
- Design and construct laboratory automation
- Other duties as assigned
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of three year experience in engineering or related fields
- Excellent attention to details and organizational skills
- CAD design skills essential
- Must have experience with Solidworks or other programs
- Experience with optics