The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
Responsible to support a portfolio of School/Center programs, for completing all required program details and providing the highest level of service to faculty, staff and program participants. This position is responsible for coordination of all program materials, classroom set up, and program websites using key operating systems. The coordinator will respond to participant questions in advance of programs, welcome groups at registration, give announcements of essential information at the start of program and communicate critical information throughout the week. The coordinator will promptly and appropriately respond to all client and faculty requests. The coordinator will work with program managers and program directors during the planning process and will work with the highest level of professionalism in an independent, self-directed manner. Coordinator will complete tasks in accordance with standard operating procedures to ensure a seamless, high quality program delivery.
This position is contingent upon funding.
Provide financial and administrative support for the Department of Dermatology to ensure efficient and timely daily operations.
Manage recruitment and onboarding process for all University staff: through the hiring process, submit proposals for new employees. Act as liaison with HR regarding leaves, staff restructures & eliminations, salary negotiations, etc. Communicate policies and processes to faculty, managers and staff. Implement new payroll and HR processes. Process monthly and weekly payroll, maintain salary grids and payroll files for the division. Run monthly payroll reports to verify faculty and staff were paid correctly. Process additional pay requests, incentive payments, and variable pay requests. Onboard new postdoctoral researchers and assist the Faculty Affairs Coordinator with onboarding new faculty. Coordinate visa applications for all staff positions and coordinate job postings. Additional duties include running of monthly financial reports, assisting with monthly reconciling, and general office support. Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for all aspects of the payroll process for University and CPUP. Process monthly and weekly payroll for faculty and staff. Communicate policy and process changes and implement new systems.
- On-board and track new CPUP, University & temporary employees assist with access to systems, buildings, etc. Orient new employees to the department.
- Prepare and process additional pay requests, incentive payments, bonuses, and variable pay requests. Including Post doc appointments and reassignments.
- Arrange visa applications and renewals for all positions – works with department, faculty sponsor and ISSS to identify most appropriate visa/method for working in the department. This includes post docs, fellows, visiting students and scholars
- Process staff recruitment postings, work with faculty /manager to hire new employee submit hiring proposal – writing job description and qualifications, navigate hiring process, generate offer letter
- Manage FMLA/ leave processes, laboratory restructures, and position eliminations. Work with faculty/managers to prepare and submit proper documentation to HR and affected employees
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and 3-5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
Office, library, computer room
Typically sitting at a desk or table
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Perelman School of Medicine
$42,953.00 - $77,315.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.