Department: Office of Registrar
Duty station: Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Deadline: Position open until filled
Reports to: Registrar
Summary of Position
The Office of the Registrar is seeking a dynamic and proactive professional to assist the successful running of the office by completing duties and responsibilities in a professional and timely manner. This position consolidates initiatives such as student recruitment, admissions, enrolment, managing academic records and data reporting, timetabling and scheduling, student information systems, graduation activities, course registration, grading, and quality assurance. The Assistant Registrar is also to undertake the coordination, implementation, testing and operation of the upcoming SAP Student Life Cycle Management related activities and provide better quality service to the RO in its expanded functions.
SAP Student Lifecycle Management (SSLM)
The Assistant Registrar would serve as a focal point during implementation of SAP Student Lifecycle Management, working very closely and UCA’s IT department and key stakeholders involved in this process. It is expected that the Assistant Registrar would serve as subject matter expert in the area of SSLM.
In particular, the incumbent’s duties would include:
- Successful overall coordination of the upcoming SAP Student Life Cycle Management;
- Participation in all required SSLM workshops.
- Testing, operation, anticipation, identification and proposing solutions to post go-live issues.
- Documentation of changes and reports, when needed, required to configuration of SSLM
- Provision of knowledge transfer to Registrar’s Office, staff, faculty, students throughout the project implementation.
- At the initial stages, the position would generally require dedication of over 80% working hours to SSLM.
Recruitment and Admissions
- Assist in the student application and admissions processes for the University’s academic programmes in Central Asia.
- Along with Registrar and fellow Assistant Registrar act as Secretary to UCA’s admissions and progression committee as/if needed and send offer or rejection letters to candidates as directed by the Committee.
- Maintain and record admissions data using the University’s Student Information and Administration System.
- Produce recruitment reports and submission documents in a timely fashion for the Office of the Registrar and relevant University committees.
- Implement a transparent, effective and efficient methodology for student applications, testing, and admission for the University’s undergraduate and eventually graduate programmes.
- Work with the Head of Student Recruitment to manage admissions testing across Central Asia.
- Maintain student records including; enrolment, grades and transcripts, using SAP.
- Compile, maintain and track academic information and records for students in UCA’s programmes.
- Work with the Student Affairs Office to plan and coordinate orientation activities for first year students.
- Ensure that students are informed of the University’s academic policies.
- Assist in publishing university academic calendar, load courses into the student academic system, and manage course inventory.
- Assist fellow Assistant Registrar to manage systems that support scheduling of classrooms, meeting rooms and discussion spaces as well as the scheduling of courses, mid-terms, and final exams.
- Present student performance reports to the Registrar and respective Deans as well as
- develop reports on student progression, withdrawals, Dean’s List, and transcript requests.
- Maintain student attendance records and report any issues to the Academic Head for appropriate action.
- Assist fellow Assistant Registrar in preparing verification of attendance / graduation and confirmation of enrolment letters for students as requested.
- Along with the fellow Assistant Registrar maintain a database to track potential applicants to UCA including data on student applications, testing, and admission for the University’s undergraduate and eventually graduate programmes.
- Along with the fellow Assistant Registrar work with Finance to administer scholarship evaluation, delivery of scholarships, bursaries, and other financial aid.
- Support in coordinating convocation ceremonies.
- Maintain a database that will enable the University to track its alumni.
Quality Assurance and accreditation related duties
- Along with the fellow Assistant Registrar retain individual student portfolios of assessed work for quality assurance purposes.
- Along with the fellow Assistant Registrar support the respective Deans and the Academic Heads to implement University policies and regulations.
- Undertake any other duties related to the University’s accreditation in Central Asia and abroad.
- Along with the fellow Assistant Registrar support in preparing and submitting required documents and reports to the Ministries of Education of the Founding States. This includes but is not limited to: annual rules for admission, annual plans for admission, annual Orders of Admission.
- Along with the fellow Assistant Registrar support with liaising with the Ministries of Education of the Founding States to process equivalencies of foreign high school credentials for international students.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Master’s degree from an internationally recognized university is preferred
- At least 4 years extensive experience working in a university environment, preferably in one of the Founding States.
- Ability and experience in analyzing statistical data on admissions, registration, examinations and graduation for administrative use in formulating policies, statistical reporting and data mining.
- Experience with student recruitment and University admissions processes within Central Asia.
- Proven record of good administrative and organizational skills.
- Strong IT skills. Experience working with Campus software would be an Asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to handle multiple tasks and competing deadlines in a timely fashion and with accuracy.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Fluency in both written and oral English and Russian is required.
- Working knowledge of Kyrgyz would be an asset.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to AKDN Career Centre.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.