Clinical Research Nurse Manager
Evenings, Weekends and Holidays required. Participates in full on-call rotation which includes weekday/weekend hospital and Acute Care coverage and some holidays. Some weekday evening clinics may also be required.
In 1971, Yale University began a unique and historic experiment providing health services to its facility, staff and students through a multidisciplinary health maintenance organization located on campus. Now, 47 years later, Yale Health has more than 37,000 members including students, staff, faculty and their families who come from every state in the country and almost every country in the world.
Our state-of-the-art facility at 55 Lock Street, built in 2010, is where our members receive most of their care. It is a 144,000 square foot medical facility with over 90 exam rooms, a 24/7 Acute Care Department, a 17-bed inpatient facility with two negative pressure rooms, a diagnostic imaging suite including MR and CT scan, x-ray and ultrasound and a full-service retail pharmacy. It houses our 150+ providers, including 111 primary and consulting physicians.
As a member of the Department of Pediatrics provide seamless, coordinated and compassionate care at every patient encounter at Yale Health. Will serve as a Primary Care Physician in the Pediatrics Department of Yale Health. Yale Health is an NCQA-recognized Patient Centered Medical Home. As part of a Pediatrics team, provide comprehensive primary medical care to an assigned panel of patients, including well child care, preventive care and physical examinations, assessment and management of acute issues, appropriate monitoring of chronic illness and assessment of emotional health and well being; recommend referrals to specialists as needed, provides rapid access care, participate in cross-coverage for absent primary care team members; commit to medically appropriate care that is patient-centered, evidence-based, compassionate and cost-effective. Abides by departmental and organizational standards of patient service and responsiveness, including but not limited to timely and appropriate communication of test results and timely response to patient messages.
- Define and document patients’ clinical problems and reach proper diagnoses; plan and execute therapy in a timely manner; documents appropriately and timely records of patient care and medical data in the EMR; provide consultation and teaching for staff and clinicians.
- Round and sign out patients in a timely, thorough manner and answer calls and pages promptly.
- Participate in hospital coverage, including rounding and weekday and weekend on-call rotations, hospital rounds, overnight phone calls. In rotation, see patients in Acute Care on Saturdays and Sundays for several hours.
- Cooperative and supportive of nurses and other front-line staff; willingness to see walk-in and call-in patients when asked by support staff.
- Concern for the welfare of all YHP patients – work to build and provide care not only for their individual panel, but be readily available as backup for other colleagues.
- Flexibility in adjusting appointment schedules to meet changing clinical demands and a willingness to consider the needs of the department and other physicians when scheduling time off.
- Regularly attend and participate in department meetings and committee assignments.
- Meet regularly with Department Chief and Manager.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
- Defines and documents patients’ clinical problems and reaches proper diagnoses; plans and executes therapy in a timely manner; keeps records of care; provides consultation and teaching for midlevel clinicians.
- Conducts rounds and signs out patients in a timely, thorough manner and answers calls and pages promptly.
- Participates in hospital coverage, including: weekday and weekend on-call rotations, hospital rounds, overnight phone calls.
- Sees patients in Acute Care in rotation.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Graduation from an accredited medical school.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Demonstrated clinical skills with the ability to assess and manage acute issues.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Well-developed oral and written communication, organizational and training skills. Superior interpersonal skills.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Comprehensive knowledge of state and federal regulations related to administering medications and maintaining appropriate medical records.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Adheres to organizational standards of medical documentation with the electronic health record (Epic) including but not limited to, timely completion of notes, appropriate documentation of non-visit related transactions, appropriate and timely management of Inbasket.
Preferred Licenses or Certifications:
Excellent attendance, punctuality and reliability.
Weekend Hours Required?
Pediatric primary care experience.
Evening Hours Required?
Holds or is eligible to hold a CT Medical License, Holds or is eligible to hold a CT Controlled Substance Registration, Federal DEA Registration, Board Certification/board eligible, Qualifies for hospital and faculty appointments.
Background Check Requirements
Affirmative Action Statement:
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.