Post-doctoral Fellow, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Organization Name Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology (KU) combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), the Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR) and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To support research at the level on silicon photonics, nanotechnology, microfluidics and molecular diagnosis.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- Support the research efforts on rapid Covid-19 testing with microscale sample preparation, RNA extraction/purification, surface functionalization with molecular probes, selection of molecular probes, sensing transducer simulations, microfluidic simulations, benchmarking the performance of the prototype with standard protocols used in molecular diagnostics.
- PhD Degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry or Biochemistry
- Hands-on experience with sensors modeling/simulation and their characterization.
- Experience in fabrication or using established foundry service for chip tape-out in at least one of the fields: silicon photonics (preferred), MEMS, microfluidics, IC-CMOS circuits.
- Knowledge of multiphysics simulation with Lumerical, COMSOL or Ansys, including MATLAB or Python scripting for simulation automation and lab instrumentation automation.
- Experience with DNA or RNA sensing.
How To Apply
CV + Research Interest Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).