Organization Name Mechanical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology (KU) combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), the Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR) and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- Perform computational chemistry and DFT calculations for catalysis applications as defined by the Principal Investigator and Director of the Center.
- Provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- Detailed Description
- Conduct the specified program of research as defined by the approved project proposal, under the supervision and direction of the Principal Investigator.
- Work in a collegial and cooperative manner with the Principal Investigator and other co-workers in the project, the research team and the funding agency.
- Engage in the dissemination of the results of the research, as directed by and with the support of and under the supervision of the Principal Investigator.
- Support the Principal Investigator & CeCaS Director and research group in the design and development of the research program for the assigned project and related areas.
- Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities as required by the Faculty supervisor, the Department or the University.
- Generate new ideas and links and build upon existing ideas to propose unique concepts and solutions.
- The candidate will provide advice in the area of DFT calculations of materials to newcomers.
- MSc in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, materials science or related areas.
- Expertise in the area of computational modeling and molecular simulations applied to materials and fluids.
- User knowledge of HPC and intensive computational tools.
How To Apply
CV + Research Interest Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).