Open Rank Faculty Position in Logistics and Supply Chain/Operations Management
6 days left
- Full Time
Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU), a member of Qatar Foundation for Education, Science, and Community Development (QF), was founded in 2010 to continue fulfilling QF’s vision of unlocking human potential. HBKU is a homegrown research and graduate studies University that acts as a catalyst for positive transformation in Qatar and the region while having a global impact.
The College of Science and Engineering (CSE) aims to be a world-class multidisciplinary college with significant positive impact on Qatar, the region, and globally, in the fields of science, engineering, and technology. The Division of Engineering Management and Decision Sciences at the College of Science and Engineering seeks applications for multiple faculty positions at all ranks in the area of Logistics and Supply Chain/Operations Management to begin in fall 2019 or thereafter. A competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and other attractive benefits are provided.
The candidate should have demonstrated excellence in original research and demonstrate strong fundamental knowledge as well as good understanding of businesses challenges in one of the following core areas:
- Industry 4.0
- Experience in: Cyber-physical systems, intelligent machine design, manufacturing, automation, robotics, smart logistics, applied ioT and big data in logistics.
- Service Operations Management:
- Develop framework for strategizing, analyzing, and optimizing service operations with applications in hospitality and tourism, healthcare systems and public services.
- Humanitarian Logistics:
- Develop framework that helps increasing the capacity of humanitarian actors to respond effectively to the growing number of major disasters impacting the world today by finding solutions to management challenges affecting humanitarian organizations.
- Quality Management and Lean Logistics:
- Develop framework related to Quality Engineering techniques and the concepts and philosophies of lean thinking and Quality Management and their applications in logistics and supply chains.
- Green Supply Chain Management and Supply Chain Innovations:
- Develop framework related to strategic and operational issues in Green supply chain Management as well as trends in Logistics and Supply Chain Innovations in areas of manufacturing and services with a focus on RDI enabled ecosystems.
- Faculty responsibilities will include teaching at the graduate level, developing course materials, conducting original scholarly research, and supervision of student research.
Required Qualifications & Skills for all faculty positions
- Applicants should hold a Ph.D. in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management or related field.
- Must be an active researcher in one of the above-mentioned research streams with excellent track record of scholarly journal publications.
- Adequate teaching and advising experience at PhD/Master level and supervising PhD/Master Dissertations.
- International experience and qualifications will be given preference.
- English language proficiency is a must.
How To Apply:
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, a strategic statement of research interests, a statement of teaching interests, and your curriculum vita, Click here to apply
Additional documents may be solicited from short-listed candidates.
Review of applicants will begin immediately. The posting is expected to remain open until positions are filled.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.
HBKU offers an attractive compensation package that includes a tax-free salary and additional benefits such as an education allowance, housing allowance, annual paid leave, air tickets and medical insurance.
HBKU, as an equal opportunity educator and employer, is committed to maintaining culturally and academically diverse staff of the highest caliber.