Assistant Professor Specialized in the Art of Late Antiquity
Dean of the Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position Assistant Professor specialized in the art of Late Antiquity
- The position is offered on a part-time basis of 0.5 (20 hours per week). The successful applicant will take up the position from August 2020 or as soon as possible after that date.
- To carry out research focused on the artistic production of Late Antiquity (esp. iconography and "material studies"), with a special focus on the Italian peninsula and Gaul.
- To publish and present research results (articles, presentations at conferences, lectures for public, etc.).
- To contribute to the research activities of the Centre for Early Medieval Studies.
- To participate on teaching activities of Department of Art History in bachelor degree as well as master degree programme with a special focus on Late Antiquity and Medieval Art.
Requirements for applicants:
- A PhD degree in Art History.
- Professional focus on the art culture of Late Antiquity.
- Rich and verifiable publishing activities in the field of late-antique art history, including publications in renowned foreign publishing houses.
- Knowledge of the history and cultural and social context of the period.
- Excellent written and spoken knowledge of Czech.
- Written and spoken knowledge of English, a high level of knowledge of at least one of the following languages: German, French, Italian.
- Ability to clearly formulate research results.
- Ability to work in an international and interdisciplinary team.
Attachments to the application:
- cover letter
- a structured curriculum vitae with an overview of previous practice
- education certificates (diploma copies)
- list of publications
How to apply?
Application with all required documents should be sent by e-application available below.
Electronic application deadline is: June 30, 2020.