Manager, Communications, Marketing and Media
- Lead communication, marketing and media activities for the Sydney Quantum Academy
- Located at the Australian Technology Park
- Full-time, 2 year fixed term contract with a base salary of $105K - $118K plus leave loading and a generous employer’s contribution to superannuation
About the opportunity
Sydney Quantum Academy (SQA) is welcoming applications for a Manager – Communications, Marketing and Media who will play a key role in supporting the CEO to develop and achieve the SQA’s objectives. The role will contribute to the development of SQA’s business plan, and will develop and implement plans for communication, marketing and media, ensuring alignment with overarching objectives.
The role will be responsible for managing communications through a variety of channels including: website; social media; newsletters and press releasesand will be accountable for media relations,conferences and events, and marketing activities.You will develop and refine communications to meet the needs of stakeholder groups.
The Manager – Communications, Marketing and Media will develop and maintain strong working relationships with communications, marketing and media staff at the SQA’s partner Universities, and will leverage the effectiveness of communications and campaigns through these partner Universities. You will play key role in driving awareness of the SQA and influencing stakeholder perceptions and will establish systems to monitor and measure engagement and perceptions. You will also play a key role in developing SQA’s branding and style and will work closely with SQA team members to promote a consistent approach to communications.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Manager – Communications, Marketing and Media who demonstrates:
- extensive experience in developing plans and executing integrated brand and product marketing communication campaigns across a broad range of media channels and mediums, to achieve desired objectives
- the ability to build strong relationships with key internal stakeholders within a complex organisation
- extensive experience using social and digital media to reach and engage target audiences
- ability to write high quality communications and to tailor writing style for different audiences. Extensive experience editing copy written by others to ensure a publication, print or online, is of a standard that meets editorial requirements and strategic objectives
- excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with sound negotiating and conflict resolution skills and a demonstrated level of tact and discretion in dealing with a variety of matters
- well-developed project management skills with the capacity to manage competing priorities, maintain attention to detail and to meet deadlines
- accuracy, attention to detail and highly organised. Planning, analysis and communication skills together with theability to work according to strict deadlines and manage various demands
- experience providing communications, marketing and media support to a small business or independently functioning venture will be well regarded, as will experience working in, or with the higher education sector.
The Sydney Quantum Academy (SQA) is an unincorporated joint venture between The University of Sydney, The University of New South Wales, Macquarie University and University of Technology Sydney to establish Sydney (and Australia) as a global destination for talent, investment and innovation in relation to quantum computing and the future quantum economy. An innovative, collaborative model, the SQA will offer PhD scholarships, Visiting Fellowships, as well as coordinate PhD coursework and UG and PG coursework and pathways, across the four universities to develop the next generation of quantum scientists, engineers and entrepreneurs. It will seek to promote entrepreneurship and support the development of a quantum eco-system across Sydney and NSW. The SQA will engage with industry, governments and the broader community to promote understanding about quantum science and the opportunities and challenges that will emerge with these transformative technologies - including the ethical, political and social challenges.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 722/0520F to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30 pm, Sunday 14 June 2020
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.