Assistant/Associate Professor, Department of Health Sciences
The College of Natural and Health Sciences (CNHS) invites applications for a full-time faculty position at the Assistant or Associate Professor level in the Department of Health Sciences. Preference will be given to candidates with expertise in Public Health and Nutrition (PHN). Candidates should demonstrate a strong record of teaching, service, and research.
To be considered, candidates should complete an online faculty application by submitting a (1) curriculum vitae and (2) letter of interest describing teaching experience as well as teaching and research interests.
- undergraduate courses in in the PHN Program. The Professor will be responsible for teaching 24 credit hour per year. Teaching will include courses in nutrition, health promotion, and other public health related subjects;
- Participation in departmental services;
- Collaboration with other faculty members to develop and sustain the undergraduate PHN program, and Master in Public Health programs;
- Academic advising for undergraduate students in the PHN Program
- Appropriate participation in conferences, professional associations, and/or research;
- Performance of other duties as assigned by the Dean and the Department Chair.
- A Ph.D. in Public Health and Nutrition/ Health Education and Promotion or closely related field;
- Evidence of teaching of PHN Courses at the undergraduate level;
- Evidence of research with recent peer-reviewed publications;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries, housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.
Questions should be directed to the Department of Health Sciences Chair, Dr. Haleama Al Sabbah, e-mail: email@example.com