- Full time, continuing position
- Position can be based at either the Brisbane, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield, Ballarat or Canberra campus
- Attractive remuneration package
(ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome. We've also partnered with Blacktown City Council to open a new ACU campus in Blacktown, Western Sydney, in 2021.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Learning and Teaching Centre (LTC) provides leadership in strategy, policy and capacity building, promoting excellence in learning and teaching at ACU.
As the Learning Designer, you will support the academic community in the design, development and delivery of face-to-face, blended and fully online units.
More specifically the role entails:
- Liaising with academic clients to provide advice and support in the design, development and review of teaching units and learning activities
- Designing, developing and implementing professional development resources and workshops to support academic staff to apply evidence-based, blended and online teaching strategies
- Working with academic clients to design blended and online learning experiences.
You will need to have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline and/or an equivalent combination of relevant, education and training
- Proven experience in the design of student-centred blended and online learning activities and resources
- Demonstrated knowledge of learning design processes to produce quality teaching units and learning activities
- Evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $103,133- $111,621 pa including salary component $87,149 - $94,321 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 7), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to James Nicholson, Manager, Educational Design on 02 9465 9067.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Applications Close: Tuesday 9 June 2020
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.