Administration and Outreach Coordinator
- Salary Package: from $73,922 to $84,047 p.a. (Level 5), plus 17% employer’s Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
Applied BioSciences, a newly formed partnership-oriented research unit at Macquarie University, is currently looking for a dynamic, organised individual who has a passion for communication and marketing. Reporting to the Head of Applied BioSciences, the successful candidate will also be responsible for executive support. The role includes extensive liaison with partner organisations, industry, and media, organising events, and keeping abreast of ongoing activities within the unit to ensure that promotional opportunities are not missed.
You will have previous experience in an events management or marketing and communications role. You will enjoy delivering exceptional operational and administrative support to a busy unit that is in a phase of establishment and growth. You will be able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and be able to communicate and present information clearly to a wide variety of audiences. Your project management and stakeholder engagement skills will be a key success factor in this position. You will be a self-starter and thrive on using your initiative.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
The Outreach and Administrative function supports Applied BioSciences across event management and external communications, including the management of social media accounts and University websites.
To be considered for this position, applicants must address the Selection Criteria below in a separate document or covering letter and upload the document as part of the application process with their curriculum vitae.
- Demonstrated experience in building and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrated skill and experience in the provision of administrative support including office management activities and the ability to manage confidential matters with discretion
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience and ability in preparing internal communications, agendas, minutes, reports and presentations
- Advanced computer skills including website management, Microsoft Office products and creative design skills
- Demonstrated track record of event and/or project coordination
- Experience in contributing to process improvement initiatives in complex organisations
- Experience working in an administrative role in the Higher Education Sector would be highly regarded
- Interest in Science or Engineering
For further information regarding this role please view the position description.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal history check.
Specific Role Enquiries: Please contact Professor Phil Taylor via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 9850 1311
General Recruitment Enquiries: Estelle D’Cruz HR Consultant email@example.com
Applications Close: Thursday 11th June at 11:55 pm
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.