Project Officer, Cultural Capability
- Open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people only
- Fixed term until 11 Dec 2020
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome. We've also partnered with Blacktown City Council to open a new ACU campus in Blacktown, Western Sydney, in 2021.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Education and Innovation portfolio is responsible for educational strategy and programs in the University that centre on students, learning and teaching as well as the Vice-Chancellor’s areas of innovation focus.
The First Peoples and Equity Pathways Directorate comprises the Office of Director, Indigenous Higher Education Units, Equity Pathways team and Clemente Australia team.
About the position:
The Project Officer supports the implementation of ACU’s Cultural Capability Strategy through the activities of the Community Engagement Working Group. The Cultural Capability Strategy recommended the establishment of seven working groups, of which Community Engagement is one. The Community Engagement working group is led by the Director of First People and Equity Pathways, the other working members are the DVC Education and Innovation, the PVC Community Engagement and staff of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Strategy within HR.
The Project Officer will utilise research mythologies and audit the breadth of ACU’s engagement activities with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities. The audit should include be fully inclusive of large scale and bespoke engagement activities. Auditing will include mapping current and tracking future planned activities, identify opportunities and provide recommendations taking into consideration the appropriate ACU and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander protocols.
This role is a full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated
You will need to demonstrate:
- Identification as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander. Australian Catholic University considers that being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander origin is a genuine occupational qualification for this role.
- Completion of a degree with subsequent work experience in project management or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through training, education and/or experience.
- Strong project management skills including working to tight timeframes, balancing competing priorities, planning and implementing a systematic approach to work
- Proven ability to consult, negotiate, liaise and advocate, along with the ability to maintain effective relationships with clients, colleagues, and stakeholders,
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $103,133 - $111,621 pa, including salary component $87,149 - $94,321 pa (HEW Level 7), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Fiona Manoa on 07 3623 7637 or Fiona.firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers
Applications Close: 11:55pm, 10 June 2020
The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and s 27 of the Discrimination Act 1991 (ACT), s 105 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (Qld), s 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic) and s 8(4) of the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006 (Vic) / s 126 Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW)
The position is therefore only open to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants.