Summer Research Technician
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
Teachers will carry out research for their Summer Research Connection (SRC) program projects and serve as a research lead in their collaboration with their assigned SRC students. All project work and communication will be done remotely through email, text, phone and collaborative forums (Zoom, Google Meet, Etc.) as determined by team.
- Attend mandatory online program meetings and seminars
- Work with their research pod of teachers and students to progress their SRC projects
- Work with their research pod to prepare website or presentation material to summarize their research experience
- Develop curriculum based on their research experience that will be used in their classroom and included with their website/presentation material
- Supervise the students(s) in their research pod
- Work with their research pod to prepare a presentation about their research and participate in the SRC Seminar Day
- Other duties as assigned
- Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) K-12 Teacher
- Experience and interest in carrying out hands-on research and learning about carrying out scientific research
- Experience and interest in developing STEM lessons and supporting scientific-based research in their classrooms
- Experience working with students on research projects
- Experience with STEM professional development