Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Department of Social Work and Criminology
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL WORK AND CRIMINOLOGY
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Teach at undergraduate and postgraduate level;
- Supervise master’s students;
- Conduct research at a nationally competitive level;
- Curriculum development of undergraduate modules as required;
- Conduct academic administration and other duties, as determined by the Head of Department;
- Participate in the Department’s strategic initiatives related to teaching, research and community engagement.
- A doctoral degree in Social Work or evidence of substantial progress towards the achievement of one (Lecturer level);
- A doctoral degree in Social Work (Senior Lecturer level);
- Teaching experience, appropriate to the post level;
- Professional practice experience;
- Research outputs appropriate to the post level and;
- Registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professions.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Applied knowledge of developmental social work, sustainable development and social policy;
- Applied knowledge of social work theories and general social work practice;
- Specialised knowledge and skills in child and family care, social work with individuals and groups and individuals
- Appropriate professional experience;
- Appropriate knowledge and experience in research;
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Appropriate computer skills.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and go to About UP. Select Career Opportunities and select the position you want to apply for.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (academic and research);
CLOSING DATE: 30 June 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Prof Antoinette Lombard: email@example.com (for queries about the position)
Ms Vicky Reynders: firstname.lastname@example.org (for application queries)
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 September 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.