Department: Prn Inst F/T Sci & Tech of Mat
Category: Research and Laboratory
Full-Time / Part-Time: Full-Time
The Princeton Institute for the Science and Technology of Materials (PRISM) at Princeton University is seeking a Research Manager to support atmospheric sensing developments and field deployments.
This is a two-year term position with the possibility of renewal subject to performance and continued funding.
- Assist with the calibration, preparation, and deployment of custom and commercial sensors as part of national and international field campaigns.
- Contribute to scientific findings and analyses in terms of scientific presentations and publications as well as social media/public relations communications.
- Develop, maintain, and coordinate research project schedules for new sensor development and planning logistics in advance of field projects.
- Coordinate educational outreach activities of summer internship students, graduate students, postdoctoral researchers, and research and professional staff.
- Track and maintain standard lab equipment and project materials.
- General laboratory maintenance and organization.
- Relevant experience in an academic research setting or similar of at least 10 years for a Bachelor's degree, or, five years for a Master's degree, or, three years for a PhD degree
- BA/BS in the physical sciences
- Experience with custom-based sensors and commercial, scientific research equipment
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively with a team composed of a diverse range of education and research experiences
- Project management skills including task scheduling, documentation, and organization
- Ability to work non-standard hours during the preparation and deployment phases of field experiments
- Travel to domestic and foreign locations for field projects and conferences
- Relevant research experience in a field setting outside the laboratory and ability to coordinate such projects
- Experience with LabView and MATLAB software
- Knowledge of atmospheric science, air quality, and climate change
- Optical sensing experience including those that use infrared lasers and light emitting diodes
- Scientific publications or presentations at national meetings
- Mentoring experience to inspire students in STEM fields
- Masters in education or similar administrative experience
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE