Clinical Operations Manager
Reporting directly to the Director of Ambulatory Operations, provides daily management and coordination of Yale Medicine Managed Practices. Consult on workflow redesign and provide training and troubleshooting on issues. Supervise staff, maintain efficient clinical budgets, training programs and workflows.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of clinical operational procedures and makes or recommends changes to facilitate the highest level of patient service and access. Identifies issues that impede delivery of quality patient access; develops and implements short-term improvements and plans for long term process improvements. Partners with members of the leadership team to develop long term objectives for the practice related to access productivity, compliance, communication and patient satisfaction.
- Monitors and analyzes monthly clinical statistics and key productivity and patient satisfaction indicators to assess accuracy and effectiveness of processes, and identifies trends or items requiring immediate corrective action.
- Monitors and enforces compliance with existing policies and procedures, Practice Standards, HIPAA regulations and other compliance standards throughout all clinical activities. Develops budgetary forecasts.
- Oversees the monitoring and enforcing of customer service standards for staff members addressing deficiencies. Resolves patient service and clinical issues by interfacing with clinic staff, YNHH, YMA management, faculty and other clinical operations managers.
- Oversees clinical operations of section by ensuring appropriate staffing, training, ongoing education, and monitoring of day-to-day activities. Approve and monitor all personnel functions including staff schedules, payroll, time-off, and attendance and lunch schedules; arrange appropriate coverage.
- Directly monitors patient throughput in real time to ensure effectiveness, efficiency and safety are priorities in moving patients through their clinical visits. Makes on the spot adjustments to improve throughput when necessary.
- Works with the clinical leadership and other key departmental clinical/administrative staff on matters relating to practice performance and clinical issues in accordance with budget, goals and benchmarks. Provides leadership and direction to clinical staff where appropriate.
- Researches and develops proposals for internal and external program initiatives and new administrative and clinical opportunities and advises leadership on the impact of new projects or initiatives. Prepares special analyses, reports and complex modeling to support the decision-making process. Analyzes proposals and determines cost, benefits, risks and liabilities.
- Streamlines communications between EMR, team, physicians, and clinical staff. Establishes, implements and monitors medical record protocols and procedures. Ensures office compliance with Federal/state/local regulations.
- Monitors clinician work schedule assignments for best utilization of space, maximum productivity, and adherence to clinic session guidelines. Builds templates and performs maintenance on schedules as necessary.
- Represents area with regard to facility concerns, maintenance and security.
- Keeps current in clinical management and process improvement concepts through involvement in professional organizations, seminar attendance, user group meetings and individual research.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in relevant field and 2 years of related technical experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, organizational, analytical, and advocacy skills, as well as the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of external/internal stakeholders.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Well-developed leadership and customer service skills to facilitate effective working relationships among support staff. Proven management and supervisory skills within an ambulatory care facility.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Proficiency in Microsoft Office application and the use of electronic medical records (i.e. Epic).
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: email@example.com.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus