Post Doctoral Fellow, Biomedical Engineering
Organization Name Biomedical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR), and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering.
The purpose of this job is to work a personalized home-based rehabilitation program " MindMyHeart platform", enabling lifestyle behavioral change towards increased quality of life with personalized management for CVD and mental health issues. The overall concept of MindMyHeart platform will be realized in collaboration with the KAIST, Korean Hospitals and Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi through research visits.
- Finalize the Ethics applications for approval from Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi.
- Develop Cloud based Clinical database of patients’ records.
- Implement patient data privacy and security protocol in the cloud.
- Statistical analyses of CVD clincal information and mental health scores.
- Develop cloud implementable machine learning algorithms in utilizing features extracted from behavioural data as well as physiological signals such as ECG, breathing,body temperature etc.
- Design Exergaming, virtual avatar and interfaces or apps with cloud computing platform
- Validation on machnie learning models on big data sets.
- Apply various Biosignal processing techniques on physiological signals collected from CVD patients.
- Meet and discuss with Clinical collaborators and KAIST team members as necessary.
- Participates in scientific research as a professionally responsible member of the research team, participates in problem exploration, and definition, planning of the approach and sequence of steps, execution of experiments or studies, interpretation of findings, documentation and reporting of results and progress, maintenance of research records and compliance to all established policies and procedures;
- Regularly meets with the Advisor to apprise the Advisor of the research results, for the development and troubleshooting of techniques, to provide direction and focus to the research, to air concerns and conflicts, and to express mutual expectations;
- Publishes research results in high impact journals appropriate to the field in a timely manner, may present findings at meetings;
- Participates in writing grant applications and proposals that pertain to the research;
- Contributes to the overall activities of the research team as required;
- Mentors graduate students and/or undergraduates under the supervision of the Advisor;
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda,
- Performs other similar or related duties as and when assigned by the Advisor.
- Daily Research performance, meeting and reporting
- Senior Undergraduate and Graduate students
PhD Degree in or equivalent in Electrical/Biomedical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited institution, preferably, from pre-eminent institutions of higher education.
Preferred in the area of cloud computing and big data analytics with machine learning modelling
How To Apply
CV + Research Interest Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).