The Admissions & Registration Department seeks an incumbent for the position of Assistant Registrar to Maintains integrity of information and data within Banner Student record system, Academic History, and Graduation areas. Ensures students compliance with graduation requirements and issue Attestations, Diplomas, and official transcripts. Streamlines the graduation processes with the colleges starting from updating the status of the graduates in the banner system, producing the final graduates lists to UC by issuing the in-house printing of the attestations, diplomas and official transcripts for the four campuses.
Number of graduates in Fall and Spring various between 800 to 1000 student.
- Plans the graduation process throughout the semester and communicate the time frame and the tasks to the colleges.
- Run the preliminary graduation list from the BI and send to colleges for verification.
- Collate the information of each potential graduate, create a master list, and update the data on all the forms related to graduation in Banner.
- Run a report by the end of the semester with students who are not eligible to graduate and notify their colleges.
- Provide the colleges with final graduate list for their final verification and confirm that they met all the graduation requirements.
- Assign the graduation codes on all the forms concerned in Banner.
- Printing out the Certificate of Attestation and Official Transcripts for all graduates.
- Perform the in-house printing of Official Diplomas.
- Gather feedback from the colleges on the efficiency of the process and discuss any possible methods to develop and ease each stakeholder task.
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness of maintenance of student records in Banner and student files through direction of work, prioritizing tasks and monitoring group activities.
- Regularly addresses student issues related to graduation requirement and re printing of lost diplomas, official transcripts and attestations.
- Regularly prepares comprehensive statistical reports on graduates for senior management and external entities.
- Builds relationships and communication lines with faculty areas to enhance effectiveness of registration services.
- Collaborates with Supervisor, Enrollment Services and Dean, Student Affairs to develop and implement appropriate policies and infrastructure.
- Provides guidance to Registration Officers and Attendance Officer.
- Responsible for constantly improving and modifying registration policies and procedures to correspond with changes in University policy and growth.
- Directs tasks and activities of direct reports and coaches them on continued growth and development.
- Continually creates and modifies forms to aid in proper flow of information in and out of the registration office.
- Must possess relevant bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and 4 years’ experience with academic records in a complex environment or an equivalent combination of education, skills and experience.
- Able to produce statistical reports
- Knowledge of AACRAO standards, practices and procedures.
- Ideally familiar with both western and UAE models of education
- Highly computer literate, especially familiar with database use in an academic environment.
- Knowledge of Banner Student is a requirement.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., Cash housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.