Faculty Marketer, Office of the Dean, Faculty of Education
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
OFFICE OF THE DEAN
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 7
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Faculty Media Liaison;
- Managing and editing the Faculty Newsletter;
- Corporate Marketing of the Faculty of Education;
- Event Management;
- Photographic Services at events;
- Managing and updating of Faculty website;
- Management of Special Visitors and External Stakeholders;
- Management of Internal and External Communications;
- Student Recruitment.
- B-degree or equivalent qualification in Communication, Journalism or Marketing or equivalent field;
- At least five years of experience in communications or marketing or media relations and publications (At least two of the five years should have been in a Higher Education Institution);
- At least one year experience of teaching/tutoring/ or running workshops at an education institution;
- Experience in management of communications, marketing and budget control;
- Proven knowledge of the field of education /how the education system operates;
- A valid driver’s licence.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Knowledge of different media types e.g. printed, broadcast, electronic;
- Background in journalism or interviewing people, writing stories, holding press conferences and liaison with media;
- A background knowledge of the Education landscape and that of the publishing market and processes;
- Knowledge and experience of Internal and External Communication trends in universities;
- Public Relations, Communications and Marketing in a university environment and trends in printing, publishing and journalism;
- The incumbent should understand the internet trends of websites, social media and market requirements;
- Events Management and photography of those events for the websites, newsletters and marketing material;
- Ability to use camera equipment, navigation of the websites and have good interpersonal relations;
- Public speaking.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Registered as a Chartered Public Relations Practitioner with PRISA;
- Honours Degree in the field of marketing or public relations or communications or journalism;
- Knowledge of basic research will be an added advantage;
- Expert knowledge and operations of a variety of electronic media software and programmes. An excellent command of the English Language (Ability to write and speak) and basic understanding of two other official languages of South Africa.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 4 June 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Ms M Moropa, Tel: (012) 420 2966 for application-related enquiries, and Dr R Phatlane, Tel: (012) 420 5512 for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 5 August 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference will be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.