Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine invites applications for:
Research Assistant, Good Research Practice Office, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine
We are currently recruiting a research assistant who will join the Good Research Practice Office at Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKC medicine), a joint medical school between Imperial College London and Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
The Good Research Practice Office (GRPO) was established to promote research integrity and ethics within LKCMedicine, NTU Singapore. We strive to foster awareness and compliance to legal, ethical and data management requirements of research work. You will be part of a dynamic team at the vanguard of promoting attractive modes of Research Integrity education to the research community within NTU.
Research integrity (RI) forms the cornerstone of research work and is essential for research excellence and reproducibility. To imbue a robust sense of RI within the scientific community, NTU has various educational measures to reinforce a culture of honesty, transparency and accountability. You will be working on a research study that studies the perceptions and reactions of researchers to each measure, which will be invaluable to refine future policies surrounding RI and ethics education.
Your primary role is to support GRPO activities and to gather and analyze data on the various modes of RI education and training. There will be plenty of opportunities to work cross-functionally with different stakeholders of the school namely, scientists and administrators, as well as senior management. You will acquire deep insights and knowledge about how best to reinforce the RI education within the NTU research community.
For more information, please visit: http://www.lkcmedicine.ntu.edu.sg/Research/Pages/Good-Research-Practice.aspx
- To design the qualitative survey and collect data from the research subjects
- To perform both qualitative and quantitative data analysis to determine the attractiveness of the various modes of RI education
- To assist with GRPO administrative duties that reinforce good research practice.
- To develop and implement activities to promote good research culture within the school.
Skills and qualifications:
- Degree in either sciences, computational engineering or mathematics (STEM) disciplines.
- Good command of English and interpersonal skills (i.e. comfortable working in a cosmopolitan environment).
- Able to work in a team
- Highly driven, independent and resourceful
- Knowledge of Qualtrics and other statistical tools (eg. R, SPSS, etc…) will be beneficial.
If you are interested to pursue a career with the School, please apply via APPLY NOW button below with your cover letter, CV and names/ contact details of two references at your earliest convenience. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.