Research Fellow, Biophysics/Physics/Engineering/Chemistry/Biology
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
A Research Fellow position is currently available at the Centre for Disruptive Photonic Technologies (CDPT) in School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences, Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
- Lead the experimental research agenda on the exploration of the physics of metamaterials bio-interfaces
- Work, generate ideas and experimentally prove them both independently and within team-working efforts with other researchers working on the project
- Manage equipment and coach undergrad/grad students working on the same project
- Work in cleanrooms, biological/chemical/laser laboratories
- Use simulation software for modelling of the experiments
- Attend safety and all other necessary trainings, as per NTU policy
- Travel nationally and internationally
- PhD in biophysics, physics, engineering, chemistry, biology or closely-related disciplines
- Background in biology and chemistry, including handling of bio-material and experience in optical characterization of the same
- Knowledge in photophysics and/or photonics and/or bio materials and/or interfaces
- Practical knowledge and hands on experience in characterization methods (e.g. NMR, crystallography, etc) and spectroscopy of organic and bio-materials.
- Good track record of scientific publications in international peer reviewed journals
- Work independently and as part of a team with strong initiative
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Minimum 3 years of prior research experience in related disciplines
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU