Research Engineer, Mechanical/Electrical/Energy Engineering
Energy Research Institute @ NTU invites applications for the position of Research Engineer.
- Prepare detailed energy models for various building types
- Gather and interpret facility data from drawings, equipment schedule, utility bills and on-site visits
- Calibrate energy models referencing utility consumption historical data, occupancy and equipment schedules
- Modify energy models through iterative parametric modelling to quantify impact of energy conservation measures
- Conduct product and technology research related to sustainability
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Energy engineering
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in sustainable building design
- Familiar with energy modelling software (IES VE) and its applications including 3D modeling, solar shading, daylight simulation, HVAC systems optimization and whole-building energy simulation
- Good understanding of HVAC fundamentals and basic engineering analysis including thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid dynamics and energy conservation
- Ability to interpret and correctly apply Green Building standards and codes
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.