Research Associate, Cell and Molecular Biology
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
A Research Associate position is available in the laboratory of Assistant Professor Alexander Ludwig at the School of Biological Sciences (SBS) and NTU Institute of Structural Biology (NISB), at the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. The lab is interested in the molecular, structural and functional organisation of cell membranes, with a focus on membrane compartments that control cell polarity in epithelial cells. The lab combines cell biological, biochemical, and structural approaches with high-resolution imaging including light and electron microscopy and correlative microscopy. The candidate will find a dynamic working environment with ample opportunities for career progression and training in cutting-edge cell biological, biochemical, and structural biology techniques.
- Conduct independent experiments
- Demonstrate initiative to learn new techniques
- Present and critically discuss their data in group meetings
- Support routine lab work (preparation of buffers, cell culture, cloning, etc.)
- Maintain inventory of lab consumables and manage procurements
- Master's degree in Biological Sciences (biology, biochemistry, or a related field)
- Experience in any of the following techniques is essential: molecular biology (cloning, transformation, etc.), cell biology (cell culture, transfection, etc.), and/or biochemistry (protein expression and purification, immunoblotting, etc)
- Experience in imaging (light and/or electron microscopy) and EM sample preparation (cryo and sectioning) would be highly advantageous, but should this not be the case training will be provided
- Fluent in English, self-motivated, independent, and possess a good working attitude and communication skills
- Highly motivated individual with team-work spirit
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU