Assistant Clinical Research Coordinator
The Stem Cell and Gene Therapy Clinical Trial Office (SCGT-CTO) provides comprehensive project support and clinical trial management resources to Stanford Investigators specializing in cellular and gene therapies. The Clinical Trial Office seeks a Clinical Trial Assistant (ACRC) to perform administrative support duties related to the operations of Cell and Gene Therapy clinical trials. This position reports to the Clinical Trial Finance and Administration Manager and will support the staff and activities of trials and projects operated through the SCGT-CTO.
The mission of the SCGT-CTO is to translate basic discoveries into innovative therapeutics to treat children with debilitating diseases for which there are no cures at present and the identification of curative therapies for such children will offer them new hope for health, improvement in their quality of life, and a reduction in medical costs compared to their present therapies. Stanford School of Medicine strives to lead the biomedical revolution by fueling discovery and innovation to advance human health.
- Schedule and/or call subjects for appointments; contact participants with reminders or other requirements.
- Prepare, distribute, and process questionnaires.
- Perform clerical duties in the preparation of regulatory documents and calendars. Maintain all forms and documents, including consent forms, master subject logs and regulatory deadlines. File all appropriate correspondence.
- Assist with the screening, recruiting, and obtaining consent of study participants. Review medical records and/or perform telephone or in-person interviews to gather data, as needed.
- Administer standard study questionnaires and tests, score test measurements and questionnaires, and code data for computer entry. Perform quantitative review of forms, tests, and other measurements for completeness and accuracy.
- Extract data from source documents for research studies as directed. Collect data and complete case report forms.
- Collect study specimens according to protocol.
- Prepare, process, and ship specimens/samples accurately under well-defined requirements.
- Review and study billing records, reconcile research-related charges, extract data and assist in preparing study financial reports.
- Order and maintain equipment and supplies.
- Assist Director in scheduling and managing meetings, remote attendees, and keeping key meeting minutes.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Experience using EPIC electronic medical record.
- Experience reviewing billing records.
- Financial experience reviewing or preparing data tables using Microsoft Excel or other spreadsheet software.
- Experience using REDCap software a plus.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Two-year college degree and one year of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
General knowledge of medical terminology.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
Working toward certification(s) to perform basic patient measurements and tests, such as phlebotomy and EKG, or certifications in research.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat and use fine light/fine grasping.
- Occasionally sit, reach above shoulders, perform desk based computer tasks, use a telephone and write by hand, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel, crawl, climb ladders, grasp forcefully, sort and file paperwork or parts, rarely lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh 40 pounds or more.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Position may at times require the employee to work with or be in areas where hazardous materials and/or exposure to chemicals, blood, body fluid or tissues and risk of exposure to contagious diseases and infections.
- May require extended or unusual work hours based on research requirements and business needs.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4921
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: E
- Department URL: http://pediatrics.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 85923