Assistant Professor, Department of Regional Economics and Administration
Department: Department of Regional Economics and Administration – Faculty of Economics and Administration
Deadline: 20 Jun 2020
Start date: 01.09.2020
In accordance with Act No. 111/1998 Coll., Section 77, the Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Administration, Masaryk University, invites applications for the following position:
a full-time Assistant Professor to teach key courses ensured by the Department of Regional Economics and Administration with emphasis put on Regional Economics and Regional Development and to do research in this area.
Are you looking for a new impulse or a new challenge for your career? Do you enjoy working in an academic environment, but would you like to change your workplace? If so, you are the person we are looking for. Become part of the Faculty of Economics and Administration of Masaryk University.
What does the position entail?
- Teaching key courses ensured by the Department of Regional Economics and Administration;
- supervising Bachelor’s and Master’s theses;
- research activity, including participating in or running research projects and grants; and
- publishing activity.
What do we require?
- A completed PhD in Regional Economics or Public Economics or a related economic area
- publishing results in Regional Economics, Regional Development and Public Policy (mainly publications in journals with high impact factors and journals included in Scopus);
- the ability to lecture and publish in Czech and English;
- experience in participating in research projects;
- teaching experience in the position of assistant professor or similar position for at least three years;
- the ability to work in a team; and
- a research agenda relevant internationally, with at least active participation in international scientific conferences and workshops abroad, including presentation of the applicant’s own research results.
What do we offer?
- Interesting, autonomous, and responsible work in the environment of a prestigious university;
- a professional team and agreeable working environment;
- employment benefits (e.g., meal voucher contributions, 8 weeks of holiday, supplementary pension insurance contributions, vaccination contributions, free access to Masaryk University library services);
- opportunities for education and professional development; and
- opportunities for an internship abroad,
- a 3-year employment contract.
What to include in applications?
- A complete professional Curriculum Vitae;
- an overview of publishing activities over the past 10 years in the following structure: monographs (B), articles listed in the Web of Science and Scopus (Jimp|Jsc), chapters (C) – applicants will highlight those publications that are relevant to the position;
- a list of research projects the candidate has lead or participated in over the past 10 years;
- a list of citations to the applicant’s publications in the following structure: Web of Science, Scopus (not in WOS), other (not in WOS or Scopus);
- an overview of teaching experience;
- proof of an internationally relevant research agenda;
- a cover letter including a vision for the candidate’s engagement at the Department of Regional Economics and Administration (approximately 1 A4 page); and
- a copy of a diploma or other relevant qualification.
Expected commencement of employment: 1. 9. 2020 or by agreement.
Should you find the position interesting, send your application including the documents required for the selection procedure by 20. 6. 2020 via e-application https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/55332 on Masaryk University website.
For more detailed information, contact JUDr. Pavla Zapletalová, phone number +420549497358, at the Human Resources department of the Faculty of Economics and Administration, MU.