Research Specialist I
Category Research and Laboratory
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Princeton Psychology Department invites applications for a Research Specialist to begin in Summer 2020. We are looking for a candidate to help develop an integrated web and mobile platform for large-scale behavioral science research. The ideal candidate will have experience in both psychology and web development, and an interest in combining the two. This is a one year position with the possibility of renewal based on funding and performance.
Responsibilities will include:
- designing and deploying web-based studies,
- building a user-base for an existing web and mobile platform using a variety of creative methods, such as gamification, social media outreach, etc.
- communicating with a team of developers as they develop the mobile app, and
- analyzing large-scale behavioral, web, mobile sensing, experience sampling, and text data.
The successful candidate will work with Drs. Diana Tamir, Nicole Shelton, and Stacey Sinclair.
- Bachelors degree in psychology, computer science, statistics, or related fields
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
Applicants must apply online. Please submit the following materials:
- cover letter indicating relevant experience and research interests (text box provided during application process), and
- names and contact information for two professional references.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For more information, contact Dr. Tamir (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This position is subject to the University’s background check policy.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW