Storekeeper/Cafeteria Area Supervisor
Duty station: Naryn, Kyrgyzstan
Reports to: Chef and Catering Manager/Facilities Manager
Deadline: June 8th 2020 (Applications will be reviewed when received)
Summary of Position and Key Responsibilities
Storekeeper / Cafeteria Area Supervisor reports to the Chef and Catering Manager and works closely with kitchen staff. Carries out work on the reception, storage and dispensing of products and material assets in warehouses. And ensure the quality of UCA cafeteria facilities and service. This is a temporary position for replacement of main employee during the maternity leave.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Cafeteria Area Supervisor must know:
- Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding building maintenance at Campus Cafeteria and eliminate any deficiencies in cooperation with Maintenance Coordinator;
- Ensure that dining area is maintained in a clean and sanitary manner and in accordance with University and state standards. Eliminate any shortcoming related to cleanliness at cafeteria in cooperation with Housekeeping Coordinator;
- Investigate and resolve complaints regarding the quality of service, facilities and accommodations at the cafeteria;
- Prepare work schedule and timesheets for cafeteria personnel;
- Orient and train subordinate staff in proper work practices when they are hired and conduct and evaluate retraining and refresher training;
- Establish and ensure standards for subordinate staff performance and customer service;
- Maintain cafeteria equipment inventories, and keep inventory records;
- Order cafeteria supplies as needed.
Storekeeper must know:
- Organisation and technology of warehousing facilities, loading and unloading operations;
- Organisation of accounting operations, the necessary documentation;
- Conditions for receiving and storing food and other products;
- Rules and procedures for storage: Types, sizes, brands and other quality characteristics of material values and norms of their consumption;
- Carries out work on receiving, storing and dispensing products and material values in warehouses, on their placement, with a view to facilitating and speeding up the search and leave;
- Compliance with the storage modes of the introduction of accounting operations;
- Ensure compliance with the rules of registration and delivery of documents, drawing up the established responsibility;
- Participates in inventory holdings;
- Keeps records of warehouse values;
- Ensures compliance with the rules of registration and delivery of receipt and expenditure documents;
- Provides the necessary information on the availability of inventory on the conducted warehouse operations managers;
- Replaces the cashier in his absence:
- Accepts payment for food from students, staff and visitors (cash or bank transfer) and issues change in accordance with established procedures;
- Provides accurate payment for purchased products, checking the sizes of portions and the content of the dish in accordance with established internal procedures;
- Works with a variety of fiscal information (bank deposits, daily / monthly / annual reports, etc.) in order to provide the necessary documentation and / or information on relevant requests;
- Works with the relevant cash records (checks, calculation of the number of dishes, etc.) for the corresponding statements;
- Maintain accurate box office contents, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Higher education or equivalent education;
- Ability to read and understand written graphics and menus;
- At least 2 years’ experience as a cashier;
- Excellent customer focus skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, Russian and Kyrgyz;
- Calculation skills for the preparation of cash reports – required.
For Cafeteria Area Supervisor:
- Degree or certificate in food service management, culinary or other related area;
- At least 3 years of supervisory work experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Russian and Kyrgyz;
- Customer focused;
- Results oriented;
- Confident user of Office applications, email and Internet.
How to Apply
To apply for the position, please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to email@example.com by June 8th 2020. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Storekeeper/Cafeteria Area Supervisor."
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.