Research Associate / PhD Student at the Junior Research Group Single Molecule Machines
At TU Dresden, Center for Advancing Electronics Dresden, the Junior Research Group Single Molecule Machines offers, subject to resources being available, a fixed-term position as
Research Associate / PhD Student
(Subject to personal qualification employees are remunerated according to salary group E 13 TV-L)
On-surface synthesis of 2D Conjugated Polymer Frameworks investigated by scanning tunneling microscopy at low temperature
Dr. Francesca Moresco
75% of the fulltime weekly hours, the position is a 3 years appointment (with the option to be extended) and starts as soon as possible. The period of employment is governed by the Fixed Term Research Contracts Act (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz – WissZeitVG). The position offers the chance to obtain further academic qualification (e.g. PhD).
- investigation of functional molecules and nanostructures on surface
- scanning tunneling microscopy and spectroscopy in ultrahigh vacuum at low temperature
- On-surface synthesis of two dimensional molecular structures
- collaboration within the Collaborative Research Centre 1415 “Chemistry of Synthetic Two-Dimensional Materials”
- an outstanding university degree (master or equivalent) in physics, chemistry, nanotechnology or a closely related area
- knowledge in the field of experimental surface science, physical chemistry, ultra-high vacuum
- very good interpersonal and communication skills; in particular, the ability to effectively work in collaborative research efforts
- an independent, target- and solution-driven work attitude
- inter-and multidisciplinary thinking
- fluency in English - written and oral.
Please visit www.cfaed.tu-dresden.de/francesca-moresco-group/home for more information on our activities.
You will join a team of enthusiastic scientists who pursue creatively their individual research agenda inspired by cfaed’s innovative approach and support.
Your research will be fostered by the cfaed philosophy to promote young researchers, which includes:
- access to state of the art research of leading academic institutes
- International doctoral program
- promotion of gender equality and family-friendly work environment.
Applications from women are particularly welcome. The same applies to people with disabilities.
Informal enquiries can be submitted to Dr. Francesca Moresco, Tel +49 (351) 463 43968; Email: email@example.com.
Your application (in English only) should include: motivation letter, CV, copy of degree certificate, transcript of grades (i.e. the official list of coursework including your grades) and proof of English language skills. Complete applications should be submitted preferably via the TU Dresden Secure-Mail Portal https://securemail.tu-dresden.de by sending it as a single pdf-document quoting the reference number PhD2002_SMM-SFB in the subject header to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to TU Dresden, cfaed, z. Hdn. Frau Anne Schulze, Helmholtzstr. 10, 01069 Dresden. The closing date for applications is 12.06.2020 (stamped arrival date of the university central mail service applies). Please submit copies only, as your application will not be returned to you. Expenses incurred in attending interviews cannot be reimbursed.
Reference to data protection: Your data protection rights, the purpose for which your data will be processed, as well as further information about data protection is available to you on the website: https://tu-dresden.de/karriere/datenschutzhinweis
cfaed is a central scientific unit of TU Dresden, and brings together 300 researchers from the university and 10 other research institutes in the areas of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Materials Science, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics. cfaed addresses the advancement of electronic information processing systems through exploring new technologies which overcome the limits of today’s predominant CMOS technology. For more information please see www.cfaed.tu-dresden.de
cfaed has created seven new Chairs at TU Dresden to further strengthen cfaed’s research areas. These strategic positions were filled with distinguished scientists to enhance the Cluster’s research output and increase its international reputation.
About TU Dresden
The TU Dresden is among the top universities in Germany and Europe and one of the eleven German universities that were identified as an ‘elite university’ in June 2012 and confirmed in 2019. As a modern full-status university with 18 faculties it offers a wide academic range making it one of a very few in Germany.
Apply for Research Associate / PhD Student at the Junior Research Group Single Molecule Machines
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly