£19,250 per annum, pro rata
A minimum of 25 hours per week
Fixed Term to cover Maternity Leave
Hartpury University and Hartpury College are among the UK’s leading specialist education providers in agriculture, animal, equine, sport and veterinary nursing. Located in Gloucestershire, Hartpury University and Hartpury College of Further Education sit side-by-side on a beautiful 360-hectare campus. We provide world-class facilities to almost 4,000 university and college-level students studying undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, A-levels and diplomas, as well as undertaking industry research. The University holds Teaching Excellence Framework Gold and has 98% graduate employability, whilst the College is rated Ofsted Outstanding in all areas. A passionate and innovative business culture and exceptional support networks make Hartpury an ideal career choice.
About the Role
- You will work as part of the marketing and communications team, supporting the logistics, promotion and delivery of Hartpury’s student recruitment and graduation events and activities - whether on campus or online.
- You will also undertake other marketing duties as needed including administration and supporting the development of marketing materials.
- You will contribute to and work from organised event plans to successfully deliver online or campus open events / activities and Hartpury’s graduation ceremony
- You will undertake administrative support including monitoring and responding to event enquiries through telephone and email inboxes, monitoring and reporting on event bookings and statistics supporting the development and delivery of promotional content including writing, editing and publishing / sending website pages, emails, text messages and social media posts
- You will be working as part of the wider marketing, communications and outreach team to support marketing and administrative tasks on a business needs basis
- This is a part time role with occasional work outside of these hours to support events, for which TOIL will be given. We are looking for maternity cover beginning July 2020.
- You will have a confident and customer-focused manner, as well as the ability to work with initiative and in a relatively fast-paced and exciting environment.
- You will be a problem solver and able to represent Hartpury to the highest standard.
- You must be methodical in your approach and thrive on seeing things through from beginning to end.
- A qualification or prior experience within marketing, PR and/or events would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Experience of working with data and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential.
- The right candidate will have excellent communication skills, be organised and have a positive approach to work. Marketing experience is not essential, but desirable.
What we Offer
- Wellbeing events and Employee Assistance Programme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee Discounts Scheme
- Onsite fitness facilities
- Support for continuous professional development
- Flexible working opportunities available
- 25 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Visit our website www.hartpury.ac.uk to see full details and to apply online or telephone (01452) 702135 to request documents by post.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 31st May 2020
Hartpury values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.