Program Manager, Bachelor of Design Studies
Program Manager, Bachelor of Design Studies
Job no: 587866
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
Categories: Digital and Design, Teaching and Research, Design
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognized, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients, and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
School of Communication & Design
The School of Communication & Design is committed to providing an international learning environment that encourages cultural awareness, critical thinking, experimentation, and - above all - the ability to think differently. Our students develop the competence, confidence, and professionalism needed for successful careers in communication, design, fashion, film and video, and languages. The rapid growth of our programs means that the School of Communication & Design is at a particularly exciting time and is seeking a new team of program managers to drive us to our next stage of national development. See www.rmit.edu.vn/our-schools-centres/schoolcommunication-design
The Design Studies program is delivered at RMIT Saigon South campus and was recently introduced in our campus in Hanoi. This program is suited to students who want to combine a broad design education with the opportunity to specialize in particular creative streams. The first year introduces them to a range of foundational skills and theories, such as drawing, typography, composition, color, and computing. From the second year, they can specialize in two of the following areas: graphic design and visual communication, fashion design, interior design, illustration, and user interaction design.
The role & key responsibilities
The Program Manager will be responsible for the Bachelor of Design Studies program offered by RMIT Vietnam. The appointee will line manage academic staff as required and will work closely with the Head of School and Deputy Head of School. The scope of responsibilities includes teaching and learning activities, curriculum development and quality assurance, timetabling, student experience, resource planning, program promotion, industry engagement, staff workload planning, and professional development review. Proven success in program marketing, promotion, innovation, and quality assurance is required. The appointee will contribute to the strategic direction of the School of Communication & Design by working collaboratively with other members of the School’s Leadership Team. We firmly believe that this program will have a dramatic impact on the development of the creative industries in Vietnam and in the wider south-east Asia region. Therefore, we seek an energetic, committed team leader who is committed to growing this young, industry-focused program and making a real difference to the industry.
It is anticipated that an appointment will be made to either Lecturer or Senior Lecturer level depending upon national and international achievements in teaching, research and/or creative outputs. The appointee will be located at RMIT Saigon South campus and will be expected to travel to other RMIT Vietnam campuses as required.
Key selection criteria
- Relevant Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral qualification from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of five years' teaching experience of relevant programs/courses at the undergraduate level.
- Senior professional experience in one of the specialisms within the program.
- Proven success in program marketing, promotion, innovation, and quality assurance.
- Appointment to Lecturer (level B): evidence of innovative, inclusive teaching approaches that meet the needs of student diversity. Track-record of high-quality curriculum development and delivery, teaching practice innovations, and developments. Nationally recognized creative track-record in design.
- Appointment to Senior Lecturer (level C): emerging nationally recognized research track-record including substantial record of research outputs in high-quality outlets; and/or internationally recognized creative track record in design. Demonstrated ability to attract external research funds; and/or creative grants.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage academic and professional teams and contribute to a collaborative, collegial, and productive workplace.
- Demonstrated range of skills relating to the conceptualization, execution, and evaluation of courses, including the capability and competence to teach a range of program-relevant courses.
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description and information pack below.
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (with no competency less than 6.5)
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close June 15, 2020.