5 days left
- Full Time
The Research Associate 2 will serve as the Project Coordinator for several large research studies funded by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) in Eastern Europe and Central Asia (Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan), with a focus on Ukraine. The Project Coordinator will be required to travel frequently to international research sites to ensure research integrity. This position will also oversee the integrity of the data collection and be capable of advanced statistics to be able to analyze data from cross-sectional surveys, longitudinal studies, prospective trials and qualitative studies. They must be proficient and experienced using SPSS, SAS, STATA or R, as well as NVIVO, Atlas.ti, N*dist or other qualitative or other data analysis software.
- Carries out research within the scope of the established study protocol. Adheres to all human subjects regulations as defined by Yale University and the federal government that pertain to research studies.
- Develops criteria for admission of study subjects based on goals and objectives of project.
- Determines potential sources of funding and prospective partnerships.
- Evaluates feasibility of accepting potential projects through analysis of staffing needs, resource requirements, financial costs, and current planned capacity of group. Negotiates contracts and/or changes with funder.
- Develops original HIC/IRB submissions. Based on knowledge of science and research goals, collaborates with PIs on major revisions and contributes to scientific protocols. Plans and implements changes.
- Develops forms, questionnaires and the application of research techniques; writes procedures manuals for data collection and coding.
- Responsible for the documentation and transmission of study data. Ensures that report forms are accurately documented and completed in a timely manner at each site location.
- Works independently to develop manage and organize multi site studies. Serves as primary coordinator between University, non-Yale collaborators, pharmaceutical companies, HIC, IRB and funding sources.
- Performs descriptive and multivariate statistical analyses of data, using computer software.
- Designs and implements quality control measures to ensure accurate collection and processing of data.
- Contributes in-depth, original thought and relevance to written reports and to the writing of abstracts and manuscripts.
Required Education and Experience
Master’s Degree in a related discipline and two years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Proven maturity, reliability, and extreme accuracy. Ability to work independently with multiple partners in diverse settings and cultures. Ability to multi-task, juggling competing research demands with limited supervision.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Demonstrated computer skills, including competence with word processing and statistical and data management programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, SPSS/SAS, ACASI, and REDCap. Ability to enter data electronically, managing multiple databases and conducting quality control of data. Ability to learn new computer programs.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills for dealing with internal and external contacts, including collaborators across multiple Russian-speaking countries. Proven organizational skills, with attention to detail and ability to function under deadline pressure.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Follow through on logistical, scheduling, and communications with both Yale Staff and collaborators.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Ability to maintain confidential information and familiarity with human subject research regulations. Ability to travel 50% of the time.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Master’s Degree in a related discipline (i.e. Public Health, Epidemiology, or Research Statistics). Experience coordinating field operations for epidemiological research. Previous experience conducting research associated with HIV and/or addiction for at least 5 years in the Eastern European or Central Asian region. Fluent in oral and written English and Russian.
Weekend Hours Required? Occasional
Evening Hours Required? Occasional
Health Screening No
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: email@example.com.