Lecturer in Human Resource Management
Application closing date: 03/06/2020
Salary: £40,322 - £49,553 per annum (Grade 6)
Package: + Pension (Employer contribution of 23% - Scottish Teachers Superannuation Scheme)
The HRM team is well-established with a strong academic reputation. The subject area of HRM is consistently rated very highly in the National Student Survey (in 2019 the HRM subject area was ranked 1st in UK). The team is well-known for its approach to practice based learning and research around the theme of 'maximising human potential', which focuses on well-being, diversity, talent and leadership development and performance improvement.
The subject area delivers HRM programmes at Degree and Masters Levels and runs programmes on-campus, overseas and online. We also run bespoke part-time programmes with commercial partners.
Edinburgh Napier Business School is of the largest modern Business Schools in Scotland, at the leading edge of innovation, with a strong academic reputation in undergraduate, postgraduate, executive education, and business research. The school is focused on the delivery of a portfolio of programmes which reflect the needs of students and places greater emphasis on practical experiences and application of learning.
To learn more about our Business School, watch this short video.
We are looking for an academic to contribute to a busy HRM department in the areas of teaching, module and programme leadership and research. Academic areas of expertise that would be particularly attractive are behavioural studies, change management, data analytics, digital working and leadership. You will deliver across our suite of HRM programmes (on campus, online, off shore and commercial) at all academic levels, including our Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) accredited MSc HRM, and our MBA. You will also supervise student research projects at all levels and take on a programme leadership role.
You will be required to conduct individual and collaborative research projects, leading to the production of high quality research outputs and will be expected to have published in the HRM discipline/ pedagogy stream, and have plans for further scholarly outputs.
Who we are looking for
In addition to the role profile, the following criteria are essential:
- A doctoral level qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Member of the CIPD and well networked across the HRM discipline, especially in your area of expertise.
- Evidence of a professional academic and research profile, alongside a commitment to sustained continuous professional/academic development.
- Evidence of innovative teaching and learning practice and experience and high level skills in on-line learning
- Sufficient breadth and depth of experience in specialism to develop high quality teaching/ learning and research projects.
- Some travel may be required as part of our trans-national education provision.
To know more about this exciting opportunity please click here to view the role profile.
- Closing Date: Wednesday 3 June at 11.59 pm 2020
- Interviews: Friday 19 June 2020
- For informal discussions, please contact Norma D'Annunzio-Green N.DAnnunzio-Green@napier.ac.uk
- Please note that the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK. We are unable to sponsor any candidate for this role.
The University is committed to inclusion, demonstrated through our work in respect of our diversity awards and accreditations and holds Disability Confident, Carer Positive and Stonewall Scotland Diversity Champion status.