Qualified, Experienced, Native Spanish Lecturer
UIC now invites candidates for this position which is expected to be filled in September 2020:
Qualified, Experienced, Native Spanish Lecturer (Ref: DHSS200416)
The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching at undergraduate level (Spanish language and culture, if necessary) and will assist in the development of new subjects as appropriate; managing of students who take Spanish language and culture is also a requirement. The incumbent will also undertake all administrative tasks related with his/her courses.
Applicants should possess a Master’s degree or higher in Teaching Spanish as a Foreign language or a closely related field and native or near native proficiency in both Spanish and English. Preference will be given to candidates with at least 2 years teaching experience and already in mainland China. The appointee should demonstrate a strong sense of commitment, a track record of excellence in teaching, a capacity to design and deliver courses as well as sophisticated communication and presentation skills. Apart from teaching, he/she will be expected to perform administrative duties such as courses coordination and the preparation of official documents in English.
• Designing and implementing learning and teaching situations based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, the Centre for Foreign Languages (CFLC), and UIC standards
• Designing and implementing methods of assessment of student’s learnings in liaison with the Spanish Subjects convenor and the CFLC coordinator
• Leading the class and enhancing students’ interest and participation
• Contributing to the CFLC activities, operations and teamwork
• Adapting his/her teaching to the particularity of students by providing each of them with the necessary support, and assess their achievements
• Using educational platforms, softwares, and resources to support and enhance student’s learning
Skills, Ability And Required Experience
• Deep understanding of the subject and the CEFRL
• Experience in teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language (at least 2 years)
• Organisational and interpersonal skills
• Responsiveness and availability
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Very good writing and speaking skills in both Spanish and English
• Strong teamwork skills and committed to contribute to CFLC activities and collaborate with the CFLC team
• Good knowledge of LMS and e-learning methodology
• Ability to adapt to an English-speaking working environment and Chinese-speaking students
• Ability to teach in English
• Proficiency in English (B1 level and above)
Salary commensurate with qualifications and relevant experience. Fringe benefits include housing allowance (applicable to Senior Lecturer and above), leave and medical insurance.
Appointment to this position will initially be made on a fixed-term contract of two years. Continuation of appointment beyond the initial term will be subject to mutual agreement.
*Please complete the job application form and upload the requested documents online: https://hrapp.uic.edu.hk/recruit/job/vacancy/JobDetail/294. A curriculum vitae in both English and Spanish is required. In addition to the application submiteed online, please send a cover letter and some teaching Samples (learning material, teaching practice, teaching plan for A1 and/or A2 level) to email@example.com.
*If you failed to submit your application online, please send your application by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should include a curriculum vitae and a completed "Job Application Form" which can be downloaded from http://web.uic.edu.hk/en/hr/job-opportunities/application-procedure. Please indicate the position being applied for, including the field of expertise, level and reference number.
Review of applicants will begin on 23 April 2020. We will continue to review applications until the position is filled. The position is expected to start in September 2020. Prospective applicants are encouraged to find more about UIC at http://uic.edu.hk/en and the Centre for Foreign Languages and Cultures at https://dhss.uic.edu.hk/en/cflc/home.
The College reserves the right not to fill this position, or to extend the search until suitable candidates are identified or to make an appointment by invitation.