The College of Business and Economics (CBE) at the United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is seeking a research assistant in the area of Accounting, Finance and data analysis. Requirements: A proven ability to fully and effectively communicate in English orally and in written format. Good knowledge of STATA in addition to good technical skills including quantitative empirical accounting and finance and financial econometrics. We welcome applications from candidates who have an interest in applied and quantitative research in accounting and finance as well as the use of various financial databases (DataStream, Thomson Reuters Eikon, etc.). Additionally, applications from candidates experienced in research in empirical accounting and finance, preferably in the areas of earnings management, mergers and acquisitions, but other related areas in accounting research will also be considered. The project will feature parallel processing of many standard data as well as working with panel datasets.
We particularly value interest in empirical analyses, especially in empirical accounting and finance, and panel data. Good time management and planning skills with a commitment to delivery are a pre-requisite of this role. In addition, you should be an enthusiastic team member who is driven and committed with an ability to observe effectively and sensitively the cultural and the local norms in UAE. Tasks: Duties will include management of day-to-day activities of research projects, conducting literature reviews, gathering data, analyzing data using appropriate quantitative methods, performing data analyses and data cleaning, merging different datasets and estimating the models using STATA, reviewing and refining theories as appropriate. The candidate will also have the opportunity to develop and implement new research methodologies and materials and publish research findings in refereed journals. Highly motivated applicants with experience in the designated area and having a BSc. Or M.Sc. (preferable) degree in accounting/finance, and preferably with a technical background are strongly encouraged to submit their application for the position.
The application package should include:
- Updated Curriculum vitae/Resume
- Cover letter explaining your interest in the post
- Two recommendation letters/contacts
BSc. Or MSc. (preferable) Degree in accounting/finance or a closely related field from an internationally recognized university with a keen interest in quantitative data analysis.
The ideal candidate will have
- High moral values and ethics, professionalism, and positive attitude.
- Willingness to grow exponentially by learning new technical and business topics and analytical software tools.
- Genuine interest in accounting, finance and data analytics.
- BSc. Or MSc. (preferable) Degree in accounting/finance or a closely related field.
- A good knowledge of econometrics and the use of STATA for data analysis as well as financial databases (such as: DataStream, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters Eikon, etc.).
- Knowledge and application of topics in accounting and finance such as earnings management, mergers and acquisitions, market-based accounting research, either by education or through work experience.
- Advanced knowledge/experience with MS Office software.
- Advanced and demonstrated academic writing skills (sample work of project reports may be requested).
Special Instructions to Applicant
All inquiries about this job may be directed to Dr. Tariq Elrazaz (email@example.com), Accounting and Finance Department.
Division: College of Bsns & Economics-(CBE)
Department: Accounting and Finance-(CBE)
Job Close Date: 0-06-2020
Job Category: Academic - Research Assistant
Salary: 4000-5000 AED per month