Manage the delivery of nursing care and medical services for the Yale Reproductive Endocrinology and Yale Fertility (REI) clinical practices. Manages, develops and administers nursing care plans, educational programs and medical schedules. Ensures nursing standards of care practices and HIPAA policies are adhered to within the 5 clinical sites: New Haven, Guilford, New London, Westport and Stamford.
- Provides expertise and consultation for medical staff, administration, Yale Medicine, hospital leadership, and other staff.
- Ensures that sectional goals and measurements are developed and met in a timely and efficient manner, while maintaining quality assurance standards and adhering to regulatory requirements.
- Acts as a liaison to promote communication, effective working relationships and coordination of activities between the hospital, Yale Medicine, medical staff, and department.
- Plans, coordinates and organizes work efforts of the managers, supervisors and staff and promotes an atmosphere that encourages individual and team development.
- Manages offsite nursing staff in all geographic regions that fall under areas of responsibility.
- Develops budget to meet the financial needs of the unit, anticipating any future demands based upon expected changes in program activities.
- Assesses the educational and developmental needs of staff members and ensures proper training as necessary to meet needs.
- Directs patient facing relations on behalf of the department, including but not limited to complaints, discharges, and clinical support.
- Develops workflows for all clinical nursing activities.
- Assumes responsibility of the administrative and/or clinical areas in the absence of the UNIT Chief.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Required Education and Experience
Master’s Degree in Nursing or Related field and five years nursing experience or an equivalent combination of education an experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Experience in the complexities of reproductive endocrinology and infertility.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Well-developed management skills in a large multi-centered clinical practice.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Effective managerial, counseling, problem-resolution, supervisory, training and behavioral skills.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Extreme attention to detail.
Weekend Hours Required?
Evening Hours Required?
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: email@example.com.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus