Public Safety Coordinator
- Full Time
The Public Safety Coordinator is a partner for administrative support services for the department of Public Safety. Identify, mobilize and ensure the department’s staff receive high quality administrative support in a manner compliant with University and Department policies and procedures.
This position will plan and oversee administrative services for the department which may include payroll, financial transactions, business affairs analysis of budgets, programs support, human resources, facilities management, and regulatory compliance. Implementing assigned financial and/or administrative support services for the unit; proactively assessing the Unit’s operational challenges and opportunities, working to develop and implement solutions with the Assistant Director and/or others as appropriate; and serving as a critical conduit for strengthening the interface between unit needs/requirements and business services.
- Performs a variety of activities related to managing the daily operations of a unit including human resources planning, information technology, financial reporting, facility planning, research support, and compliance among other functions for a unit.
- Administers the administrative and fiscal activities of the assigned unit; serves as liaison between the assigned unit and other University administrative offices.
- Assigns administrative support to various functions of the unit; monitors activities of staff to ensure timely completion of assigned work.
- Prepares and monitors budgets, financial forecasts, and financial analyses and the actual vs. budgeted performance.
- Plans the use of facilities in the assigned department including office space, work stations, equipment, technology needs, inventory, and office supplies.
- Plans and facilitates training sessions for the department when new policies or practices are adopted.
- Ensures compliance with University and federal health and safety regulations as they apply to the unit.
- Initiates, plans and develops administrative policies for the assigned unit.
- Contributes to long-range administrative planning for the assigned unit.
- Implements University and departmental policies as they pertain to the administrative function of the unit.
- Supervises and leads staff.
- May perform other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience
Minimum requirement of Bachelor’s Degree in related field and three years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Well-developed financial, planning, organizational and problem-resolution skills.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Ability to communicate skillfully with constituents. Ability to anticipate changes in the business environment and proactively manage change. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to address the needs of individuals at all levels throughout the University.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Ability to provide a high level of service that cultivates and maintains strong working relationships and effectively communicates information, take ownership and accountability for timeliness, accuracy and relationship management.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Solid understanding of internal control concepts and the implementation of internal control systems in a complex business environment. Strong Excel skills.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, communicate clearly and ensure alignment with all team members. Ability to identify problem and determine best solution.
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus