Senior Research Scientist
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The applicant will develop a compact and portable mid-IR spectrometer for the application of detecting counterfeit medicine, air/water pollution and biomolecules. The applicant will design and construct the spectrometer as a group leader with researchers. Additionally, they will be responsible for making optical filters, designing optical systems and analyzing chemicals based on his research background on nanofabrication, optics, and chemistry.
- Develop a portable mid-IR spectrometer
- Fabrication of mid-IR hyperspectral filter with the thin film deposition technique
- Work with engineer and researchers to optimize the system, which includes fabrication of mid-IR optics, optical design and software developer
- Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, (Ph. D.)
- A four-year postdoctoral scholar in the department of Applied Physics at Caltech in the Scherer lab
- Experience in various types of projects, including the development of nano- biosensors for molecule detection and virus detection, development of the optofluidic system, holographic lithography and mid-IR optics, and vacuum system optimization
- Knowledge of nanofabrication, optical simulation, fluid experiment, and sensor development
- Nanofabrication technology and optical simulation for the mid-IR optics
- Understanding of vacuum technology and maintenance of vacuum systems
- Chemical analysis and sample treatment techniques for the handling chemicals
- Optical design of spectrometer and knowledge about infrared spectroscopy