Lecturer in Accounting
FULL-TIME LECTURER IN ACCOUNTING
The Vietnamese-German University (VGU) is a Vietnamese state university. Founded in 2008, VGU is a joint venture based on a close cooperation between the Federal Republic of Germany and the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, with the goal of becoming the leading research university in Vietnam and the region. VGU´s strategy is to customize excellent German study programs in the fields of engineering, natural sciences and economics to meet the needs of Vietnamese higher education. VGU follows the successful German model and standards concerning the academic and administrative structures.
The Vietnamese-German University (VGU) is seeking 01 highly qualified full-time lecturer in Accounting. Candidates must hold a PhD in this field or a closely related field and have a strong background in research. Successful candidate will become part of an international network of universities and research institutes.
In the role of a lecturer, the successful candidate will teach undergraduate courses in the BSc in Economics and Business Administration and graduate courses in the MBA program. The teaching commitment consists of totalling 240 academic hours per year (1 academic hour equals to 45 minutes).
Teaching generally consists of courses including:
- Introduction to Accounting
- Cost Accounting
- International Accounting
- and other elective courses within the expertise of the candidates, to be decided in consultation with the Faculty and the German partner universities, namely the Goethe University Frankfurt am Main, and the Leipzig University.
This position is also responsible for supervising bachelor’s, master’s theses and leading PhD students to doctoral degrees.
As a faculty member of a research-oriented university, the successful candidate is expected to undertake innovative research in relevant aspects of Accounting. This includes, and is not limited to, comprehensive activities in theoretical research as well as applied research and development. The ability to apply and generate externally funded research projects is highly desirable.
Candidates must hold a PhD in Accounting or a closely related field from a well-known international university. Experience and understanding of the German higher education system and methodology is appreciated.
Mandatory requirements include:
- Proven research and teaching record
- Publications (or the potential to publish) in high quality peer-reviewed journals
- Excellent English proficiency
The followings are desirable:
- An outstanding doctorate dissertation
- Strong self-motivation combined with a passion for teaching and research
- Well established research agenda
- Relevant industry experience
- Experience in supervising PhD students
To find out more about our Employment benefits, as well as our application requirements and process, please visit our web page for recruitment: https://vgu.edu.vn/lecturers.