Research Fellow (Atmospheric Dispersion Simulation)
3 days left
- Full Time
Research Fellow (Atmospheric Dispersion Simulation) – SNRSI
SNRSI is seeking to hire an experienced researcher to conduct studies on atmospheric dispersion modeling of the regional climate. This position will have an emphasis on simulations involving contaminant transport and dispersion.
- Conduct creative research in the fields of atmospheric dispersion modeling.
- Develop, validate, and apply computational models of physical processes relevant to renewable energy, atmospheric transport and dispersion of hazardous materials at different scales.
- Analyze computational and observational datasets relevant to the applications.
- Publish research results in peer-reviewed journals and technical reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Recent PhD in atmospheric science; mechanical, civil, or environmental engineering, or a closely related field.
- Experience with an operational numerical weather prediction or computational fluid dynamics (CFD) models such as e.g. the Weather Research and Forecasting (WRF), or OpenFOAM models.
- Experience with methods to track the evolution of surfaces within a computational grid (e.g. level set, volume of fluids, or immersed boundary methods) or multiphase flow techniques.
- Experience with uncertainty quantification, ensembles, machine learning, statistical analysis, cloud microphysics, nuclear/radiological sources and effect and familiarity with high-performance computing, including GPU programming, MPI/OpenMP.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: atmospheric sciences, mesoscale and/or microscale atmospheric modeling, atmospheric boundary layer physics, atmospheric turbulence, large-eddy simulation, atmospheric chemistry, aerosol science, atmospheric dispersion, nuclear/radiological sources and effects, and field data collection/analysis.
- Proficiency with programing languages including Fortran, C++, Python, or MATLAB.
- Experience with large model and observational datasets, modern programming environments, and visualization techniques.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
Interested applicants should send in your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with “Dispersion” in the subject. Please prepare to obtain 3 letters of reference.
Apply for Research Fellow (Atmospheric Dispersion Simulation)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly