Lecturer in Music
LASALLE College of the Arts is at the leading edge of contemporary arts education in Asia and works in close partnership with GOLDSMITHS, University of London, which validates its degree programmes and collaborates on teaching exchanges and research initiatives. It has set an agenda for excellence to bring the College to the forefront of international arts pedagogy, practice and research.
LECTURER – MUSIC
The Faculty of Performing Arts seeks to appoint a full-time Lecturer in Music in its School of Contemporary Music (SoCM), Singapore’s leading educational institution for developing young music talent from the Southeast Asian region into highly individual artists for the contemporary music industry.
SoCM offers three awards, the BA(Hons) Music, Diploma in Music, and Diploma in Audio Production. The SoCM seeks a Lecturer with expertise in teaching popular music performance and repertoire, as well as providing coordination for school events. The SoCM welcomes applicants with interests in nurturing emerging musicians to find their own performance style and write their own songs and compositions.
The Lecturer will provide leadership in relation to their specialisation through principal study lessons either vocal or instrumental, as well as facilitate music workshops, ensembles and performances. Reporting to the Programme Leader, the successful applicant will teach predominantly in the Diploma in Music programme.
As a Lecturer at LASALLE, your key responsibilities include academic preparation; teaching and delivery of specialised music skills and music performance to ensure the students’ learning objectives are met. You will work collaboratively with other staff in the SoCM in enhancing the strategic and organisational plans and ensuring that the SoCM achieves its strategic ambitions and objectives. The position includes administrative tasks, such as curriculum and repertoire review and development, and assists the Programme Leader in timetabling, performances and resources required to support the programme.
Other responsibilities include coordination of academic learning activities, liaison with part-time teaching staff, conducting assessments and marking, student mentoring and recruitment. You will also implement research/professional practices to extend knowledge of an appropriate subject area for the benefit of the programme and the students. We particularly encourage applications from individuals with a developing or established professional and/or research profile.
- Postgraduate qualification, preferably at PhD level or DMA, or equivalent in Jazz or Contemporary Music Studies.
- At least 5 years of full-time tertiary-level teaching experience with knowledge of Higher Education Quality Assurance Frameworks or Accreditation Processes, and at least 5 years of relevant professional experience or industry experience as a contemporary music performer.
- A passion for teaching and experience in pastoral care with the ability to nurture and encourage excellence in student learning within a multicultural context.
- Possess excellent communication, organisational and team working skills as well as strong academic administration, computer skills and experience with online learning.
- A positive attitude to research, and preferably is research active with a personal research profile.
Please submit your letter of interest, current curriculum vitae and any relevant supporting materials, indicating current and expected salary and enclosing a recent passport-sized photograph, by e-mail to: email@example.com before closing date 31 May 2020 or in writing (stating clearly the position applied on the envelope) to:
Director - Division of Human Resources
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street, Singapore 187940
More information on the Institution can be found at www.lasalle.edu.sg
For information about the School of Contemporary Music please visit:
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.