Information Technology Storage/Backup Systems Administrator
6 days left
- Full Time
Department PPPL Information Technology
Category Information Technology
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining, designing, planning and implementing enterprise backup and storage systems, encapsulating Linux and Windows based platforms. These systems provide direct support for research computing environments, end-user network file sharing, virtualization infrastructure, etc.
- Build, maintain and administer storage and backup systems based on requirements as defined by customer needs. Ensure all managed systems are up-to-date and conform to the latest security standards. Work with system owners to help develop backup and recovery plans that suit specific needs of the related project.
- Assist in fulfilling requests related to storage area creations, quota management and data restoration. Perform routine maintenance, including tape drive additions to various libraries, off-site tape management, disk replacements, etc.
- Maintain an appropriate disaster recovery plan for storage and backup systems. Create and maintain end-user and Sys Admin documentation for all storage and backup systems.
- Assist in maintaining Linux configuration management policies, following standard security guidelines, such as CIS Benchmarks. Provide support related to Linux related issues and requests (e.g. Linux clustering maintenance, driver/software support, NFS mounting, LDAP/DHCP, etc.)
- Remain abreast to new and emerging technologies. Work with management to establish direction. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Education and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science degree and minimum 3 years overall experience relevant to this position or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience administering Veritas NetBackup, or a related enterprise backup solution, and utilizing it to backup various Windows/Linux servers, databases and Hyper-V virtual machines.
- Experience working with enterprise grade Storage Area Network devices, Hitachi and Dell platforms preferred.
- Must be proficient in writing technical documentation.
- Proficient in modern Windows and Linux operating systems, such as Windows Server 2012 R2/2016/2019 and RedHat/CentOS 6/7/8.
- Experience in building and maintaining Fiber Channel or high-speed Ethernet networks for Storage related requirements.
- Must be self-motivated, team-oriented and work well with other groups.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Veritas Certified Specialist (VCS)/ Veritas Certified Professional (VCP) Preferred
- CCNA Preferred
- May need to be able to lift heavy objects less than 50 lbs. and run cables in a data center environment (under floor tiles, in server racks, etc.)
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Please be aware that the Department of Energy (DOE) prohibits DOE employees and contractors from participation in certain foreign government talent recruitment programs. All PPPL employees are required to disclose any participation in a foreign government talent recruitment program and may be required to withdraw from such programs to remain employed under the DOE Contract.