Center Manager, Center for Global India
Department Prnctn Inst Intl & Regnl Studs
Category Academic Administration
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Center Manager oversees all aspects of the administration of the new M.S. Chadha Center for Global India (CGI) within the Princeton Institute for International and Regional Studies (PIIRS), including events (speaker series, conferences), curricular initiatives, finances, appointments of annual visitors, the center’s website, and international student opportunities. This individual will supervises at least one center staff member. This is a potentially expanding opportunity in a fast-growing center. Some international travel may be required.
In cooperation with the center director, the center manager facilitates the appointment of annual international and domestic visitors. Specifically, this individual coordinates with the Office of Dean of the Faculty, the Graduate School, and, as needed, with other campus offices (e.g., the Davis International Center) and with the visitors’ home institutions on all details for their visits to and appointments at Princeton.
Duties include but are not limited to
- required paperwork for the appointments;
- visas and other immigration documentation;
- travel assistance; housing; and initiation to the Princeton campus and to PIIRS.
The center manager will serve as the host to visitors throughout the year, advising them on campus and community resources that will facilitate their stay.
In cooperation with the center director and the PIIRS business manager, this individual manages all financial business for the CGI, including visitors’ appointments, purchasing; expenses for travel, for events, curricular initiatives; and both federal and private grants. The center manager will work in close collaboration with the center director to develop the center’s budget and be responsible for providing periodic budget reports and ensuring that expenses are monitored.
Oversees all aspects of a speakers’ series and 2 to 3 conferences annually.
- managing international and domestic travel and local arrangements for guests;
- securing the venue;
- developing publicity with the PIIRS communications manager;
- managing the event.
Administrative and Office Oversight
The center manager provides administrative support to faculty and graduate students affiliated with the CGI. This individual supervises the center staff in cooperation with the PIIRS executive director and is responsible for managing the center’s facility in cooperation with the PIIRS central office. As part of the PIIRS staff, attends biweekly staff meetings and participates in other staff activities, as appropriate, maintains close contact with the PIIRS central office on administrative matters and maintains the center’s website in cooperation with the PIIRS web developer.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree
- Minimum or 1 to 3 years administrative experience, preferably in higher education
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively in a wide variety of campus offices
- Detail-oriented, organized, and flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Exercise good judgment, particularly with confidential information
- Ability to develop facility with the University financial systems (Prime and Concur) and attend periodic training, as required
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office, Sharepoint, Drupal (for the website), Blackboard, e-reserves, and other programs as needed
- Candidates with proficiency in at least one Indian language and who meet the above requirements will be given priority.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW