Mechanical Machine Technician, 1
Department PPPL Engineering and Infrastrc
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Overview NSTX Mechanical Machine Technician assists with the construction, maintenance and operation of experimental devices utilizing advanced troubleshooting skills and under direct supervision of lead technicians.
This position will support ongoing technical activities for the upgrade project of NSTX and activities in the Test Cell. This position will also work with shops in support of the project and other experiments, which includes the experimental devices along with all subsystems, including, but not limited to, vacuum equipment, vacuum preparation lab processing, vacuum components, pumping and monitoring systems, Helium leak test, component cooling, diagnostic devices.
- Interpret engineering drawings, sketches, procedures and specifications to determine how best to fabricate, install, repair and remove parts and systems in experimental areas within the requirements of the procedures, drawings and Engineering Work Packages provided(25%).
- Install, troubleshoot, maintain and un-install various types of parts and equipment in experimental areas.(75%)
Use hand and power tools and testing equipment.
Work in elevated areas and confined spaces to install/repair/remove parts and equipment.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma and 5 years of relevant experience and training in mechanical and electro-mechanical systems assembly and troubleshooting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Computer literacy and ability to write reports; use measurement tools.
- Knowledge of mechanical equipment repair and assembly, fabrication and machining is helpful.
- Ability to safely use necessary tools and work safely and promote safety of others.
- Ability to pass PPPL’s relevant safety training courses.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Vocational School diploma desirable.
- Ability to perform duties on elevated surfaces and confined spaces; ability to climb ladders and lift items up to 50 Lb.
- Flexible to work on either First or Second shift.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Please be aware that the Department of Energy (DOE) prohibits DOE employees and contractors from participation in certain foreign government talent recruitment programs. All PPPL employees are required to disclose any participation in a foreign government talent recruitment program and may be required to withdraw from such programs to remain employed under the DOE Contract.