Manager of Career Development, Alumni Relations and Corporate Development
Department Bendheim Center for Finance
Category Academic Administration
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Bendheim Center for Finance (BCF), an interdisciplinary center of Princeton University seeks a Manager of Career Development, Alumni Relations and Corporate Development to lead career placement efforts for the Center. BCF draws its faculty from several departments across Princeton University with the majority coming from economics and ORFE. The center provides a fertile ground for cutting-edge research at the intersection between finance, monetary economics, and macroeconomics, with a special emphasis on financial frictions, behavioral finance as well as financial econometrics. The Center offers 2 academic degrees: an undergraduate certificate in finance (UCF) and a Master in Finance (MFin) degree.
- Lead the career placement efforts of the Center through mentoring students to be career ready, networking with recruiting partners, organizating regular speaking events, and bringing alumni and corporate partners to campus for leadership, career development events and boot camp.
- Organize and execute our weekly industry speaker series and job shadowing visits in partnership with alumni and corporate partners, Career Services as well as many other campus groups.
- Network with Wall Street and the financial community (including major investment banks, leaders in finance, alumni, students, faculty, campus partners, and government officials) to drive the fundraising and partnership efforts of our Corporate Affiliates program, resulting in the establishment of new corporate partnerships as well as maintaining existing partnerships.
- Act as a member of the MFIN admissions committee (along with Director of Center and Graduate Program Director).
- Review of candidate files with a diversity focus as well as take lead on prospective student in-person and Skype interviews.
- Oversee and drive communications, including, alumni newsletters, events materials and alumni/corporate relations.
- Maintain BCF Twitter feed.
- Bachelor's Degree and 3 years of related experience
- Demonstrated relationship management/networking skills
- Ability to work efficiently and collaboratively with others, responsive and accountable to deadlines, adapts well to changing needs and energetic demeanor
- Excellent written and oral communication; skillful in Microsoft office programs
- Excellent judgement and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Experience within the financial community
- Prior experience with project management, fundraising, career counseling and/or recruiting
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW